"2013, ENGLAND, LUNDY, THE MAGIC FINAL DESTINATION" Orkaena's Profile
My son and I dropped by the island of LUNDY to pay a visit to our friend John Gayton.
Great was the surprise when we discovered a wonderful place that exceeded all expectations. A beautiful and quiet place, where the owners of the space and time are the silence and the birds, the wild beauty of the landscape, and the music of the sea. If we add to all the wonderful hospitality of John and his exquisite meals, then we have the perfect combination to enjoy an unforgettable time. Thanks a lot John!
Of course, the trip to Lundy is not so direct neither easy to discover, first of all we arrived to LONDON flying from the Patagonia, Argentina, where we started this exciting adventure.
After a couple of days wandering the Big Metropolis we moved to ILFRACOMBE where we stayed three days more, this port on de Bristol Channel is the "shuttle departure point" to the Lundy island.
Of course, such a looong journey like this started in the Patagonia means a more or less 30.000 kilometers round trip, in consequence we were absolutely decided to take advantage continuing our adventure in PARIS and REIMS craving for a bit of the charming french spirit and their awesome champagne.
Hi John! Greetings from the Patagonia! I miss your british breakfast... come here soon!
This is the view walking from the Lighthouse to the house of John, this morning the sun was shining as a "farewell", after two days of cold wind and dark rainy sky. Fantastic.
Portugal is a land of warm experiences, and the hospitality is one of their most outstanding faces. Add excellent meals, wines and a gang of friends laughing around you and you obtain an memory made of joy.
As I told in my previous Euromeet at Santorini, wonderful people coming from the four extremes of the globe, then perhaps the "Euromeet" title is not enough. A global meeting done by people that love people. Bemvindos!
The Big One in action!! Giampiero showing us how to dance a passionate tango with a red rose and... a beer
Some esoteric facts happened in this VT meeting, suddenly the dark clouds started to open and a bright ray of light get blind the poor human beings... as a cosmic presence with his characteristic ring of sanctity over his head he appeared dancing and taking pictures above a table, someones said that just floating... Saint DAO is here!!
Can you imagine a VT party without this people??? I bet you not, Claus, Sara, Raz and Dao trying to evade the papparazis after dinner...
Give up Cascais! you are surrounded by our unbeatable Task Force!
Oh, well, not so tremendously unbeatable... just a bit drunk.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 284 Reviews
- 865 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
- Commented on co48's profile page
- Orkaena and udtaparindaa are now friends.
- Wrote a Review A TRANQUIL BEAUTY IN THE MIDDLE OF PARIS about Jardin des Tuileries in Paris Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "A TRANQUIL BEAUTY IN THE MIDDLE OF PARIS"
updated their Personal Page "GREECE - year 2001"
- updated a Paris Travelogue "PARIS FROM THE SEINE"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: I hope Hundwalder is ok."
PhotosSee All Photos (865)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues