"Mi Casa Mexicana" Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara by cybercutie

Guadalajara Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 460 photos

yo hablo espanol

Guadalajara is a huge city, the locals claim anywhere from 4-8 million people (so I will say 5 to be safe), and it is definitely not what I expected a big Mexican City to be (not that I had any preconcieved notions, mind you).

Although many may see Mexico as a Country full of poor and uneducated people, I have found exactly the opposite. Maybe its because of the area I work in, but the people I work with are just as much if not more studious and wealthy than people I have run into back home.

Guadalajara reminds me of Los Angeles with a language barrier. The streets are busy, the cars will run you over if you are not careful, and the buses are constantly standing-room only. Something a Calgarian with her own car never thought about before coming here. Thank God for humility...:)

The information on these pages will hopefully educate you, and if not, at least you will be entertained by my typical "tourist" moves, and my hilarious and endearing stories (at least humor me and pretend, ok pal???)...anyway, back to my charismatic and witty repartoire...

• Pros:Beautiful areas, great culture
  • Cons:Humans are potential roadkill, lots of people
  • In a nutshell:Will be back...
  • Last visit to Guadalajara: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2005

• kathymof's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Got a real laugh at your comment about everyone wearing neck braces. I just got back and have never seen so many neck braces in my life!

• edachsund's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 2:07 AM

wow interesting and quite fun too. perhaps I will have to remember the tips eh.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2006 at 9:12 PM

enjoyed your Guadalajara Page before I went to Guadalajara last week -- helpful thanks

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 9:08 PM

Enjoyed looking around your page. I've been to Mexico a few weeks ago, but the northern part.

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 7:11 AM

Ahhoooh! Werewolves of Calgary...

• biljah's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2005 at 12:02 PM

You are so right about Mexico! It is not nearly as poor or as uneducated as people think. I think the main differance is that there is a minute middle class. The majority of Mexico is either rich or poor. Btw, Great tips;)

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 3:09 AM

Becky dear, what a great page, there is everything in it, Yummi ice creams, and chees *I feel so hungry now LOL* and fun tips and slim humor, you did great ;-D

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 8:05 AM

great site, photos and comments ! shushi in Guadalajara... (???)

• chodearm's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 6:27 AM

I am reading your words, and I am into what they say. Neckbraces ....they make alot of sense, and they look fabulous.

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 12:20 PM

aiiiyaiiiyayaiiii! Great Tips and Pages! Whenever I'm feeling down I can always count on you to cheer me up! Thank You for that! ;-)

Badges & Stats in Guadalajara

Have you been to Guadalajara?

Latest Activity in Guadalajara