"Much more than a pretty face...." Puerto Vallarta by cybercutie
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide: 1,137 reviews and 1,983 photos
This is usually the first thing people say when they hear Mexico...Puerto Vallarta...even though it is full of tourists and seems more like a salsa festival in the states, there are places that are so original and breath taking it makes you realize you are in a completely different place....
I feel the need for some reason to share something that happened to me on my second trip there, so if you care to be shared with, read on...
My second time in PV my sister and I decided to go together and meet up with some friends there. One day, we were crossing the street to go to the store. I was tired and a bit groggy from the fact I had gotten sunstroke the day before, drank too many cervezas the night before, and had one of the worst sunburns on the back of my legs ever. So, as we were walking, a local approached me wearing no shoes, torn shorts and dirt all over his paperthin shirt. He grabbed my arm, and my first instinct as a Canadian living in the downtown area of a big City was to hit him and run. I turned to do just that, and he handed me a lttle jar. At the time I spoke no Spanish, and he was rambling on and on...then he pointed to the back of my legs, and I realized he had given me lotion for my swollen and lobster toned calves. That is when I realized how the environment I was in made me automatically think the worst in people, instead of treating everyone with respect. It actually made me sick for a loonggg time, because I had always thought I was so friendly and positive all of the time. Yet a guy with no shoes, and not even two pesos to rub together was giving me something without expecting anything in return, just doing it because he saw I could use it...that, for me was priceless....
Anyway, that is enough of my Chicken soup for the soul today, stay tuned next time for "What I have learned from Dr. Phil McGraw"...
- Pros:Beautiful, fun, predictable (if you like that)
- Cons:Touristy, too many senor-frogs like establishments
- In a nutshell:already booked for June...enough said?
Every Thursday and Friday, the cruise lines dock at PV for the day. Unless you want to pay up to 3 times the amount for... more travel advice
cybercutie's Related Pages
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
- "Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
- "Essential PV"
- "Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
- "Still the "Real Deal""
- "Fun on the beach, on a boat or in the jungle"
- "Puerto Vallarta: A resort town w/cultural hold"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Vallarta
- Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Transportation in Puerto Vallarta
- Nightlife in Puerto Vallarta
- Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
- Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Vallarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Vallarta
- Posted in Travel Los Angeles Forum "Re: Re: hotels near LAX and..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "New adventure every night"
- Wrote a Review For Party Animals about The Zoo in Puerto Vallarta Nightlife
- updated a Puerto Vallarta Travel Page "Much more than a pretty face...."
- Commented on one of spartan's Puerto Vallarta travel pages
Photos in Puerto VallartaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Calgary Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Banff Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Sicamous Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos