"Home, Sweet Home..." Top 5 Page for this destination Calgary by cybercutie
Calgary Travel Guide: 1,063 reviews and 1,921 photos
The unpredictable weather, the wanna be cowboys trying to do the two-step during Stampede, the red mile...who wouldn´t want to live in my City!!!!
We are close to the mountains, lakes and BC, and the weather may get cold, but 5 minutes later you are back in your shorts and wondering why the temperature plays tricks on you...
One of the best things about Calgary is its diversity of people. Little Italy, Chinatown, the Greek Society are just a few of the many cultures that call Calgary their home. Since most people have migrated here from other provinces, I am one of the rare born and raised variety here. If you have any questions or want any advice about this place I call my crib, feel free to ask me...mi casa es su casa (that is the Spanish coming out in me...:))
17th Avenue, Canada Olympic Park, The Calgary Tower, The Leisure Centre, The Saddledome, Prince´s Island Park, The Salsa Festival, Heritage Park, Bragg Creek, Floating the Bow, Eau Claire Market, Kensington, The Glenbow Museum, The Calgary Stampede, The Folk Festival, The Calgary Flames, The Calgary Stampeders, Olympic Plaza, The Talisman Centre, Confederation Park, Westhills Shopping Outlet, Sunridge Spectrum, Golf Dome....yeah, too bad there´s not much to do here...
Here is a list of the best bars/pubs in Calgary...according to us, anyway...well, they are the ones we are most likely to be found depending on the night...since I live downtown, most of these places are a hop, skip and a stumble from my pad....
-Ship and Anchor
-Rose and Crown
-The Back Alley (no matter how drunk you are you are never the worst one in the joint)
-Cowboys (no one wears wranglers and there are no bull steering competitions)
There are a plethora (like the word?) of other establishments, however, we try to keep it confined to the above...what can we say, we are loyal!!!
- Pros:Good friends, good fun....
- Cons:Weather is never predictable...
- In a nutshell:The place I love when I am away....
Every year, in April, there is an event called Spirits of the West that my friends and I make a habit of attending. It... more travel advice
Every year, the City puts on the Sun and Salsa festival in Kensington. You pay 3$ CANADIAN for a bag of chips (proceeds... more travel advice
- See All Swimming the waves
- See All The Diva Salad...a treat for the...
- See All Airport shops=rip off...
- See All Cabbies in Cowtown
- See All Don't say the "E" word...
cybercutie's Related Pages
Calgary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IN THE VALLEY OF THE BOW"
- "Calgary, Alberta, Canada"
- "HATS OFF TO CALGARY"
- "Calgary - A Friendly City"
- "Home, Sweet Home..."
- "CALGARY - CANADIAN PRARIE METROPOLIS"
- "I may live in Toronto..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calgary
- Hotels in Calgary
- Transportation in Calgary
- Nightlife in Calgary
- Restaurants in Calgary
- Shopping in Calgary
- Warnings and Dangers in Calgary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calgary
- 39 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Calgary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calgary
Photos in CalgarySee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Calgary Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Banff Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Sicamous Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos