"Samoa - Cradle of Polynesia" Top 5 Page for this destination Independant State of Samoa by FelixB
Independant State of Samoa Travel Guide: 167 reviews and 371 photos
I spent 1 week on Upolu, Samoa's main island, during my school holidays. Back then I was going to school in New Zealand, so travelling around the Pacific islands wasn't expensive. I went there with two friends from school and stayed at Aggie Grey's Hotel. The people were very friendly, and one guy (Peter - works at the bar at Aggie's; say hello to him if you happen to be around) showed us around Samoa. It was quite cool, especially swimming under waterfalls in the lush jungles of Upolu.
By the way: if you like my pages, rating my tips would be more than appreciated! Anyhow, Enjoy! ;-)
If you are staying in Apia you'll probably ask: Where are the beaches??? You will have to travel to get to a beach.
My friends and I rented a car and went to the south coast, where the best beaches can be found. Beaches for swimming are at the south-east coast, whereas the most famous one, The "Return To Paradise"-Beach is more for snorkeling and relaxing. It is located at the south-west coast.
When looking on a map you will see that there are lots of waterfalls in Samoa. I went to about 5 and they were all unique. You will find high ones, leveled, waterfalls were water falls directly into the Pacific ocean. They all are amazing!
- Pros:Cheap and beautiful
- Cons:Beaches are far away from Apia, the place with most accomodation.
- In a nutshell:Off the tourist path - with nice people and beautiful scenery.
The famous Scottish writer Robert Louis Stevenson, who wrote Jekyll & Hide and Treasure Island, was so fascinated by... more travel advice
If you are going to stay in a hotel a hard-top case is probably ok if not best. But if you are on the road or staying at... more travel advice
Written Oct 22, 2005
More Pictures From Samoa 1
Written Apr 13, 2005
More Pictures From Samoa 2
FelixB's Related Pages
Independant State of Samoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Samoa - Cradle of Polynesia"
- "Manaia Samoa - Beatuful Samoa"
- "Teuila's new Samoa Page"
- "The real "IT""
- "Apia, Samoa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Independant State of Samoa
- Hotels in Independant State of Samoa
- Transportation in Independant State of Samoa
- Nightlife in Independant State of Samoa
- Restaurants in Independant State of Samoa
- Shopping in Independant State of Samoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Independant State of Samoa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Independant State of Samoa
- 20 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Independant State of Samoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Independant State of Samoa
Photos in Independant State of SamoaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 31 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Independant State of Samoa Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Hamburg Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 2 photos
- Tongariro National Park 1 review, 1 photo
- Matsushima Intro, 2 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 1 photo