"Samoa - Cradle of Polynesia" Top 5 Page for this destination Independant State of Samoa by FelixB

Independant State of Samoa Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 338 photos

I spent 1 week on Upolu, Samoa's main island, during my school holidays. Back then I was going to school in New Zealand, so travelling around the Pacific islands wasn't expensive. I went there with two friends from school and stayed at Aggie Grey's Hotel. The people were very friendly, and one guy (Peter - works at the bar at Aggie's; say hello to him if you happen to be around) showed us around Samoa. It was quite cool, especially swimming under waterfalls in the lush jungles of Upolu.

By the way: if you like my pages, rating my tips would be more than appreciated! Anyhow, Enjoy! ;-)

Where are the beaches??

If you are staying in Apia you'll probably ask: Where are the beaches??? You will have to travel to get to a beach.
My friends and I rented a car and went to the south coast, where the best beaches can be found. Beaches for swimming are at the south-east coast, whereas the most famous one, The "Return To Paradise"-Beach is more for snorkeling and relaxing. It is located at the south-west coast.

Waterfalls

When looking on a map you will see that there are lots of waterfalls in Samoa. I went to about 5 and they were all unique. You will find high ones, leveled, waterfalls were water falls directly into the Pacific ocean. They all are amazing!

• Pros:Cheap and beautiful
  • Cons:Beaches are far away from Apia, the place with most accomodation.
  • In a nutshell:Off the tourist path - with nice people and beautiful scenery.
  • Last visit to Independant State of Samoa: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2005

FelixB

“@home”

Badges & Stats in Independant State of Samoa

Have you been to Independant State of Samoa?

Latest Activity in Independant State of Samoa