"So many countries, so little time!" CEP1863's Profile
My name is Clare. I am from Birmingham but have also lived and worked for a number of years in Portugal and Hungary. Travelling is a real passion of mine and I believe that through this wonderful medium, we can endeavour to appreciate, undestand and celebrate the many diverse cultures on our wonderful planet.
I have a passion for the outdoors, which probably is a good job since I work outside! I love to scuba dive and I also enjoy skiing and playing golf. When I'm not travelling I enjoy spending time working in my garden.
When travelling, I enjoy exploring cities but I also like to visit small out of the way places, go off the beaten path, visit historic places, picturesque villages, meet people and absorb different cultures.
So why have I finally decided to create my own travel pages? The answer is simple: inspiration from fellow VTers but also so that I may share my stories and photos with others. These pages though are also for me as doing this is helping me to gradually improving my computer skills as well as keeping some sort of record of some of my trips around the world.
Much of my travel is done around the medium of scuba diving. The ocean covers 71 percent of the earth's surface and contains 97 percent of the planet's water. I care passionately about the oceans but unfortunately, it is rare for me to surface after a dive without the pockets of my BCD stuffed full of rubbish that I have collected. Once rubbish is in the ocean it is much harder to remove. Unfortunately it does endanger sea life. The reefs and the underwater world is suffering because of carelessly disposed of carrier bags, plastic bottles, cigarette butts etc. Please, please, please think carefully about how you dispose of your rubbish. Please help keep our beaches and our oceans clean.
Also do not buy shells, pieces of coral etc off vendors. In many countries it is illegal to export these items and you are contributing to the decline of our reefs.
Every time you step onto a beach, or indeed travel anywhere in the world please pay heed to the following:
"Take only memories, leave only footprints."
This weekend (27-29th Sept) I have (with five colleagues) come up to the Lake District with 63 16-18 year olds. It has been many years since I have visited here and I got up early to watch dawn break over Windemere. The experienced has just reinforced what beauty I have around me .
I have come to Boston to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. Our visit coincided with the Head of the Charles Regatta 2013. We spent a glorious day on the banks of the Charles River cheering on the crews. The atmosphere was great and it was a brilliant start to our trip to Boston.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 272 Reviews
- 543 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 30 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- Commented on DAO's profile page
- CEP1863 and nizash22 are now friends.
- updated a Bangkok Travel Page "Cosmopolitan, contrasting and compelling Bangkok"
- Wrote a Review Scuba diving with Mermaids in Pattaya Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Travelling between Suvarnabhumi and Jomtien"
- Posted in Travel Manila Forum "Re: Advance purchase of Siket..."
updated their Profile Page "So many countries, so little time!"
PhotosSee All Photos (543)
Top 10 Pages
- Havelock Island Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Boston Intro, 21 reviews, 34 photos
- Coron Island Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Salem Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Mozambique Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
- Puerto Galera Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Palau Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos