"So many countries, so little time!" CEP1863's Profile

A little about me.....

My name is Clare. I am from Birmingham but have also lived and worked for a number of years in Portugal and Hungary.

Much of my travel is done around the medium of scuba diving. The ocean covers 71 percent of the earth's surface and contains 97 percent of the planet's water.

In August 2014, I went to Palau in order to dive some of the magnificent sites that are there. Whilst there I was lucky enough to dive with a fantastic diver and photographer Neil Tinmouth, who took this photo of me diving in the Blue Holes.

Travelling is a real passion of mine and I believe that through this wonderful medium, we can endeavour to appreciate, understand and celebrate the many diverse cultures on our wonderful planet.

When travelling, I enjoy exploring cities but I also like to visit small out of the way places, go off the beaten path, visit historic places, picturesque villages, meet people and absorb different cultures. I try not to have a fixed itinerary as I love to just go where the road takes me.

I do get frustrated with how we as human beings are leaving our mark all over the world with litter. Even diving, it is rare for me to surface after a dive without the pockets of my BCD stuffed full of rubbish that I have collected. Once rubbish is in the ocean it is much harder to remove and the underwater world is suffering because of carelessly disposed of carrier bags, plastic bottles, cigarette butts etc. Please think carefully about how you dispose of your rubbish and help to keep our planet clean. I love the quote from John James Audubon - "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children".

Every time you step onto a beach, or indeed travel anywhere in the world please pay heed to the following:

"Take only memories, leave only footprints."

A small corner of the UK

This weekend (27-29th Sept) I have (with five colleagues) come up to the Lake District with 63 16-18 year olds. It has been many years since I have visited here and I got up early to watch dawn break over Windemere. The experienced has just reinforced what beauty I have around me .

Birthday in Boston

I have come to Boston to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. Our visit coincided with the Head of the Charles Regatta 2013. We spent a glorious day on the banks of the Charles River cheering on the crews. The atmosphere was great and it was a brilliant start to our trip to Boston.

• Intro Updated Feb 2, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
CEP1863's Profile Photo

CEP1863

“Experience is not what happens to us, rather it is what we do with what happens to us. ”

Real Name