"So many countries, so little time!" CEP1863's Profile
My name is Clare. I am from Birmingham but have also lived and worked for a number of years in Portugal and Hungary. Travelling is a real passion of mine and I believe that through this wonderful medium, we can endeavour to appreciate, undestand and celebrate the many diverse cultures on our wonderful planet.
I have a passion for the outdoors, which probably is a good job since I work outside! I love to scuba dive and I also enjoy skiing and playing golf. When I'm not travelling I enjoy spending time working in my garden.
When travelling, I enjoy exploring cities but I also like to visit small out of the way places, go off the beaten path, visit historic places, picturesque villages, meet people and absorb different cultures.
So why have I finally decided to create my own travel pages? The answer is simple: inspiration from fellow VTers but also so that I may share my stories and photos with others. These pages though are also for me as doing this is helping me to gradually improving my computer skills as well as keeping some sort of record of some of my trips around the world.
Much of my travel is done around the medium of scuba diving. The ocean covers 71 percent of the earth's surface and contains 97 percent of the planet's water. I care passionately about the oceans but unfortunately, it is rare for me to surface after a dive without the pockets of my BCD stuffed full of rubbish that I have collected. Once rubbish is in the ocean it is much harder to remove. Unfortunately it does endanger sea life. The reefs and the underwater world is suffering because of carelessly disposed of carrier bags, plastic bottles, cigarette butts etc. Please, please, please think carefully about how you dispose of your rubbish. Please help keep our beaches and our oceans clean.
Also do not buy shells, pieces of coral etc off vendors. In many countries it is illegal to export these items and you are contributing to the decline of our reefs.
Every time you step onto a beach, or indeed travel anywhere in the world please pay heed to the following:
"Take only memories, leave only footprints."
This weekend (27-29th Sept) I have (with five colleagues) come up to the Lake District with 63 16-18 year olds. It has been many years since I have visited here and I got up early to watch dawn break over Windemere. The experienced has just reinforced what beauty I have around me .
I have come to Boston to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. Our visit coincided with the Head of the Charles Regatta 2013. We spent a glorious day on the banks of the Charles River cheering on the crews. The atmosphere was great and it was a brilliant start to our trip to Boston.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 159 Reviews
- 307 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Posted in Travel Maldives Forum "Re: Are diving shoes essential..."
updated their Profile Page "So many countries, so little time!"
- Commented on DayvJones's profile page
- Wrote a Review Pilgrim Hall Museum in Plymouth Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pilgrim Hall Museum"
- CEP1863 and loisl are now friends.
- updated a Mozambique Travel Page "Magical Mozambique"
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Salem Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos
- Mozambique Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Plymouth Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Bali Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Florida Keys Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Nha Trang Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Portland Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (7)
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos