"Madison - my home away from home" Top 5 Page for this destination Madison by latte18
Madison Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 477 photos
Coming from a huge city like Jakarta with a population of over 10 million, I was a bit skeptical when I got accepted at UW-Madison. Madison, I thought, a fairly small city with a population of only 250,000 people, what would I do there, would I be bored, would I be happy? Well, it turned out that I was worrying for nothing. I fell in love with Madison right away.
And who wouldn't? A mainstay in every major "Best Place to Live in America" surveys, Madison is a great place to live, work, study, and play. For a mid-sized city it's blessed with such a diverse population that only few other cities can claim. The people are liberal, friendly, and outgoing. There are abundant activities to keep you busy, from nature walk to dancing the night away, from indulging in ethnic foods to enjoying outdoor concerts and performances. Madison has got it all!
Now, I'm proud to say that once I called Madison my home for five and a half years!
Madison is the home of one of the largest and the best public universities in America (and my almamater), the University of Wisconsin. The campus is located on the shore of Lake Mendota. It's huge and well-kept and home to dozens of interesting places to visit while you're in Madison
Brace yourself for Wisconsin weather! Madison's winters are notorious and temperature often drops below freezing point for days or even weeks. First snow of the season usually falls in November and the last snow falls somewhere in March or April.
- Pros:the diversity for a midsize city, the university, the natural beauty
- Cons:summer road constructions, sometimes the city being too midwestern
- In a nutshell:one of the best places to live, work, study, and play
Opened in 1997, the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is a magnificent, five-level, lakeside facility,... more travel advice
The World's only Thai Pavillion outside Thailand is located in the Olbrich Botanical Garden in the eastern part of... more travel advice
- See All State Street at night
- See All Food Paradise in the heart of Madison
- See All A shopper's paradise in the heart of...
- See All Monroe Street
latte18's Related Pages
Madison Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madison, Wisconsin....where I live"
- "My Favorite Isthmus City"
- "Madison - my home away from home"
- "My Hometown-"The Mad Town""
- "Madison, Wisconsin - College Town U.S.A."
- "My Madison"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madison
- Hotels in Madison
- Transportation in Madison
- Nightlife in Madison
- Restaurants in Madison
- Shopping in Madison
- Warnings and Dangers in Madison
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madison
- 28 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Madison?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madison
Photos in MadisonSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 57 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madison Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Solo 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Rome 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Bali 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris 1 review, 1 photo
- Amsterdam 1 review, 1 photo
- Singapore 1 review, 1 photo
- Kuala Lumpur 1 review, 1 photo