"STILL addicted to Greece!" Elenitsa's Profile
2009 - So far Camping in the Lake District (at Easter) and ,at Whitsun Bank Holiday, Downshay Farm in Purbeck. The plan for Greece this year is Rhodes-Leros-Lipsi-Samos-Athens, although who knows!
2008 - the plan was Leros and Patmos...which was achieved - however, due to our airline going out of business, I visited Athens for the first time - and loved it!
2007 - Late June, Comares in Malaga Province, Spain - see above, a very chilled week where we didn't leave the village. Very Spanish (needed my dictionary to do the shopping), but it confirmed to me that Greece has ruined me for anywhere else in the Med. 7-21 September - back to Crete (the photos are still in the camera!) - started in Loutro (pre-booked) and planned to head for Agia Fotini, Rodhakino or Lendas....ended up in Agia Roumeli, Paleochora (with semi-automatic gunfire) and Sougia! Will do some tips soon...
Ferries - you either love 'em or hate 'em...I love the old tubs like the Nissos Kalymnos, with the cafe which seems to serve the same tiropitta on every journey (I'm sure that it's as old as the boat itself!)
Well, as I know the Dodecanese best, I thought I'd better start with them and finish up with Kriti!!
(This could be a lifetime's work!).
Phew!! I'm about a tenth of the way into scanning all my pictures.....then I'll start building my pages in earnest!
In my member photo - I'd been hailed on, rained on....waded through an 8 inch puddle to get to the ferry and everything I owned was soaking wet....strangely I look very happy....and after 2 hours drying out on the ferry this was my view of Igoumenitsa....
When travelling - if you can't make up your mind where to go next - flip a coin...it's never let us down.
This is not the kotetsi that I helped build, this is one I came across in Loutro, Crete. Once you've helped build one though, you realise the ingenuity behind them!
Mine was built solely from pallets - no extra nails, just the ones we could salvage!
I'm at my most relaxed when I'm travelling, even when the ferry is overdue and there's a plane to catch - I'm still chilled.
I've been travelling to Greece since 1985 - and I can't imagine not visiting each year.
I'm sure that a lot of people feel the same, but to me the only time I feel at home is in Greece - whether I'm sat breathing in traffic fumes in Iraklio watching the world go by or on Tilos helping to build a chicken coop (kotetsi??), I feel like I belong.
Well, visits will have to suffice for a couple of years yet......
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 76 Reviews
- 190 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- updated a Paxoi Island Travel Page "Paxos - me and the weather"
- Elenitsa and fassolia are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Patmos Forum "Re: Fotini Evgenikou Rooms -..."
- Commented on MITNIC's profile page
updated their Profile Page "STILL addicted to Greece!"
- Wrote a Review Fine facilities - and heated... in Lake District National Park Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fine facilities - and heated shower room!"
PhotosSee All Photos (190)
Top 10 Pages
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tilos Island Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khora Sfakion Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kalymnos Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chipping Sodbury Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paxoi Island Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nisos Megisti Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patmos Island Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Sougia Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos