"Expencive and cosy country" Chile by Glorija
Chile Travel Guide: 4,889 reviews and 13,562 photos
Chile is special country. They try to be more modern than neighbours countries and their prices for everything are much higher then in other places in South America. Their landscape is very dry although nice and different. Specially in the north where I was mostly been travelling, desert is a tipical thing seen outside the cities. In each city there are a lot of gardens and they are watering them daily. The sky is mostly clear that is why they are famous by their vine. The time of my visit the temperatures were around 15 degrees although in Santiago I bealive they were higher. The nights can be very cold and above 3000 meter don`t forget to bring warm clothes. Many art crafts, product of lama or alpaca and souveniers can be found but I prefer Bolivia to buy such things since it is cheaper there. Even silver is quite expencive for what I have been quite dissapointed.But the nature itself is magnificant so you quickly forgot that life in Chile is becomming more and more modern.
Cose South Chile has more than 300 days per year withoust clouds many observatories are there. I have seen one and saw the moon shining like never before. Amazing experience. I have seen Mars and different stars who were shining on the sky. But nights in Chile can be cold so around midnight I was quite interesting in going back to the hostel.
- Pros:Shopping centers, good food, vine, nice weather and interesting lanscape.
- Cons:Prices of everything.
- In a nutshell:Great country to visit it with a family.
Glorija's Related Pages
Chile Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHILE---A Surprising Country!"
- "Chile - A gifted land"
- "Chile - Land of fabulous contrasts"
- "Land of the Guanaco"
- "* A DISTANT BUT FRIENDLY COUNTRY *"
- "Mission : Fireland - Vers la Tiera de Fuego..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chile
- Hotels in Chile
- Transportation in Chile
- Nightlife in Chile
- Restaurants in Chile
- Shopping in Chile
- Warnings and Dangers in Chile
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chile
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Chile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chile
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indonesia Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Novalja Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uyuni Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue