"Punjab, India" State of Punjab by SmileyLeSa
State of Punjab Travel Guide: 293 reviews and 888 photos
The state of Punjab is situated in the northwest section of India. It is bordered by Pakistan on the west, the Indian states of Jammu and Kashmir on the north, Himachal Pradesh on its northeast and Haryana and Rajasthan to its south.
I spent the majority of my trip in Punjab with small side trips to the other regions of India. I have aunts, uncles and many cousins in this region.
Punjab is known as the Agricultural state. Wheat, corn, rice and sugar cane are among the major crops.
You will also see alot of cattle, especially buffalo. Of course, buffalo are kept on every village and farm, but you will also see many stray buffalo roaming the street. The main source of milk in India is from the buffalo.
Punjab is also known for its textiles. It is the leader in the country of the production of knitwear and sweaters and great prices. I even had the opportunity to visit a sweater factory while in Ludhiana
SmileyLeSa's Related Pages
State of Punjab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fields of Gold"
- "Trips to the Punjab"
- "welcome to punjab"
- "Punjab, India"
- "Punjab - half this side half that side"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Punjab
- Hotels in State of Punjab
- Transportation in State of Punjab
- Nightlife in State of Punjab
- Restaurants in State of Punjab
- Shopping in State of Punjab
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Punjab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Punjab
- 8 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to State of Punjab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Punjab
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Princeton Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Plainsboro Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amritsar Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos