"Chandigarh, India" Top 5 Page for this destination Chandigarh by SmileyLeSa
Chandigarh Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 241 photos
Compared to the other cities of India, Chandigarh is a relatively new city found in the 1950’s. Chandigarh is not only the capital of Punjab, but also the capital of the neighboring state of Haryana.
A foreign born city planner and architect were hired to plan the layout of the city. The city has a great road system, with a separate lane for rickshaws and bicycles, which is long overdue in many of the Indian towns. The streets are clean and the city is great place to visit as well as do some shopping.
Timber Trail offers a picturesque view by way of a cable care. Take a cable car to the mountain peak and have a cup of... more travel advice
The Rock Garden is a creative work of genius using broken plates, bangles, tiles, and bathroom fixtures among other... more travel advice
SmileyLeSa's Related Pages
Chandigarh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chandigarh - India's only planned modern city"
- "A lot more than meets the eye"
- "Chandigarh, India"
- "chandigarh-The planned city"
- "Eccentric City with an Austere Facade!!"
- "Planned city ... just like home!"
- "Le Corbusier's vision"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chandigarh
- Hotels in Chandigarh
- Transportation in Chandigarh
- Restaurants in Chandigarh
- Shopping in Chandigarh
- Warnings and Dangers in Chandigarh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chandigarh
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Chandigarh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chandigarh
Photos in ChandigarhSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Princeton Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Plainsboro Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amritsar Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos