Finchley Off The Beaten Path Tips by Kap2
Finchley Off The Beaten Path: 1 reviews and 5 photos
This is part of the London, apart from the distant and not so distant buzz of traffic and occassional you can follow Dollis Brook and believe you are in the countryside with dogs, ducks and squirrels...
Dollis Brook originates on Mount Moat Open Space in Mill Hill and ends at the Welsh Harp (Brent Reservoir).
The name the Dollis is believed by some to have something to do with the rights of commoners at Barnet, and is rooted in the same word as "dole".
Highlights include the Northern Line bridge arches between Mill Hill East and Finchley Central, an elegant brick built structure of 13 arches.
Lowlights the culverted section under Staples Corner. A graveyard for shopping trolleys under the Brent Cross flyover...
I'll add more information as i walk the route...
Other Contact: http://wildweb.london.gov.uk/
More Reviews (16)
Kap2's Related Pages
Finchley Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Finchley
- Transportation in Finchley
- Nightlife in Finchley
- Restaurants in Finchley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finchley
- 17 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Finchley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finchley
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Finchley Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irkutsk Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Belfast Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Riga Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Novokuznetsk Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Bedrichov Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues