"Finchley" Finchley by Kap2
Finchley Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 52 photos
by Hilaire Belloc
Lord Finchley tried to mend the Electric Light
Himself. It struck him dead: And serve him right!
It is the business of the wealthy man
To give employment to the artisan.
Finchley Society http://www.finchleysociety.org.uk/
There is even a Finchley Society that aims to preserve it character, founded by Spike Milligan, the recently departed comedian and writer.... their is a campaign to build a statue for him... http://www.spikestatue.org.uk/ and more here: http://www.thegoonshow.org.uk/page24.html
Evening. A bulky body moves quietly along a narrow
walk, with brush-cut hedges and rows of fuchsias
and geraniums, like a dreadnought on a country canal.
His right jacket sleeve, heavily chalk-dusted, betrays
the way he makes his living.
The full Russian poem, below, anyone fancy translating for me?
This is part of the London, apart from the distant and not so distant buzz of traffic and occassional you can follow... more travel advice
The Bothy is a concrete castle structure built in the grounds of Avenue House... it is the first concrete building built... more travel advice
Kap2's Related Pages
Finchley Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Finchley
- Transportation in Finchley
- Nightlife in Finchley
- Restaurants in Finchley
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Finchley
- 17 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Finchley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finchley
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Finchley Intro, 17 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Irkutsk Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Belfast Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Riga Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Novokuznetsk Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Bedrichov Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues