"Kolkata, a city of contrasts" Kolkata (Calcutta) by sifrim
Kolkata (Calcutta) Travel Guide: 695 reviews and 2,330 photos
I spent one week in Kolkata, but only had 2 half days for exploring it. As all Indian big cities, it has a mix of beautiful and (at least to my european eyes) ugly. It is very easy to only see the bad side of the city, with its lack of planning, overcrowded dirty streets. But there is definitely more. Home of Rabindranath Tagore, cultural capital of India, it also hosts wonders like Howrah Bridge, exquisite colonial architecture of Victoria Memorial or the Great Banyan tree covering 1.5 hectares.
You need time to discover it, but I am sure it will pay off.
sifrim's Related Pages
Kolkata (Calcutta) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KOLKATA- REVISITED."
- "Calcutta(Kolkata) - The Dream City"
- "Kolkata - Re-Visited"
- ""Kolkata~~City of Joy!""
- "The city that taught me to love"
- "Calcutta, city of contrasts"
- "Colonial Calcutta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Transportation in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Nightlife in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Shopping in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Warnings and Dangers in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kolkata (Calcutta)
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kolkata (Calcutta)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Photos in Kolkata (Calcutta)See All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Helsinki Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Lappi Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Oslo Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Predeal Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Bergen Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Flåm Intro, 1 review, 4 photos