Frankfurt am Main Nightlife Tips by Nemorino Top 5 Page for this destination

Frankfurt am Main Nightlife: 83 reviews and 61 photos

1. Künstlerkeller - Frankfurt am Main

1. Künstlerkeller

Künstlerkeller (Artists' Cellar): After the opera

Update: I'll leave this tip as it is for historical reasons, but the sad fact of the matter is that the Künstlerkeller has been closed since March 1, 2007, because of insolvency. There is talk of re-opening under new management in the autumn of 2007, but it's all rather vague at the moment, so we are currently trying out other places to go after the opera. (Watch this space for further developments.)

This is where we all go after the opera. It's big and loud, but very pleasant, and often the singers and other people who work at the opera house come here, too.

It can get very full some nights, so I usually reserve a table if I know or think I am coming with a group. They are willing to reserve for up to 150 people, but I have never gone higher than twenty up to now.

They have beer, wine, apple wine, mineral water, all the usual stuff. And warm meals until 1:00 a.m. I used to think they closed at 3:00, but we were there until 4:15 recently and they didn't throw us out. Maybe they just like us, I don't know.

Second photo: This is the corner of Weißfrauenstraße and Seckbächer Gasse. You can miss it because there is a travel agency called Explorer on the corner. Cross the street here and turn right. Walk past the Klosterhof, and after just a few meters you will see ...

Third photo: ... this sign at the entrance to the Künstlerkeller. As the name implies, it's down in the basement. You have to walk through a yard and ...

Fourth photo: ... down some steps to get in. Unfortunately it does not have a proper entrance for people in wheelchairs.

Fifth photo: On January 27, 2007 we had a VT meeting in the Künstlerkeller. Please feel free to click here to see more photos of the meeting.

Address: Seckbächer Gasse 4

Theme: Other

• Updated Mar 11, 2012

Nemorino Lives Here!

Nemorino

“The world is full of wonderful places. Help keep them wonderful by not driving in them.”

Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main

Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?

Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main