Frankfurt am Main Nightlife Tips by Nemorino Top 5 Page for this destination
Frankfurt am Main Nightlife: 83 reviews and 61 photos
Update: I'll leave this tip as it is for historical reasons, but the sad fact of the matter is that the Künstlerkeller has been closed since March 1, 2007, because of insolvency. There is talk of re-opening under new management, but it's all rather vague at the moment, so we are currently trying out other places to go after the opera. (Watch this space for further developments.)
Here is my original tip:
This is where we all go after the opera. It's big and loud, but very pleasant, and often the singers and other people who work at the opera house come here, too.
It can get very full some nights, so I usually reserve a table if I know or think I am coming with a group. They are willing to reserve for up to 150 people, but I have never gone higher than twenty up to now.
They have beer, wine, apple wine, mineral water, all the usual stuff. And warm meals until 1:00 a.m. I used to think they closed at 3:00, but we were there until 4:15 recently and they didn't throw us out. Maybe they just like us, I don't know.
Second photo: This is the corner of Weißfrauenstraße and Seckbächer Gasse. You can miss it because there is a travel agency called Explorer on the corner. Cross the street here and turn right. Walk past the Klosterhof, and after just a few meters you will see ...
Third photo: ... this sign at the entrance to the Künstlerkeller. As the name implies, it's down in the basement. You have to walk through a yard and ...
Fourth photo: ... down some steps to get in. Unfortunately it does not have a proper entrance for people in wheelchairs.
Fifth photo: On January 27, 2007 we had a VT meeting in the Künstlerkeller. Please feel free to click here to see more photos of the meeting.
Address: Seckbächer Gasse 4
More Reviews (99)
- See All Frankfurt OperaTalk
- See All Colours of Resilience by herakut
- See All Don?t pick the wrong Frankfurt from the...
- See All Site of the former orthodox synagogue
- See All When you just have to have a large jar...
- See All Across from the stage entrance
- See All We waited thirty-five years for this!
- See All The world's first tourist opera
- Accomodation during the Frankfurt Book...
- See All Cycling and jogging by the river
- Open-air opera at the Konstabler Wache
Been to Frankfurt am Main?Share your travels with the world!
Nemorino's Related Pages
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the world's best opera company"
- "The most Un-German City in Germany"
- "Main Metropolis"
- "A city better than its reputation"
- "Frankfurt - aka "Mainhattan""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfurt am Main
- Hotels in Frankfurt am Main
- Transportation in Frankfurt am Main
- Nightlife in Frankfurt am Main
- Restaurants in Frankfurt am Main
- Shopping in Frankfurt am Main
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfurt am Main
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main
- 100 Reviews
- 263 Photos
- 64 Forum posts
- 151 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Paris to Amsterdam by Train"
- updated a Frankfurt am Main Travelogue "VT meeting in Frankfurt am Main on 26 August 2006"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Frankfurt am Main tips
- Wrote a Review Frankfurt OperaTalk in Frankfurt am Main Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Frankfurt OperaTalk"
- Commented on the Frankfurt am Main travel guide
Photos in Frankfurt am MainSee All Photos (263)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 435 reviews, 1848 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 100 reviews, 253 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon Intro, 48 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avignon Intro, 46 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (188)
- Main River- 35 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Churches- 70 Reviews, 129 Photos
- Museums- 82 Reviews, 125 Photos
- Römer- 64 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Skyscrapers- 49 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Zoos and Parks- 23 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Alte Oper- 26 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Apple Wine Express- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Galeria Kaufhof Mall- Roof Top Observation Deck- 1 Review, 1 Photo
See All Frankfurt am Main Things to Do