Mainz Transportation Tips by Nemorino Top 5 Page for this destination
Mainz Transportation: 18 reviews and 14 photos
Railroad bridge over the Rhine near Mainz
The red train crossing the bridge in this photo is the S8, which has come from Hanau by way of Frankfurt and the Frankfurt airport.
From here it will go on to Mainz Süd (south station), Mainz Hauptbahnhof (central station) and from there to Mainz Nord (north station) before crossing back over the Rhine on another bridge in the direction of Wiesbaden.
You can take your bicycle for free on the S-Bahn in the Rhine-Main area, but you must have a ticket for yourself before boarding the train.
The S-Bahn trains are the only ones that stop at each and every stop along the way, and they are the only trains with no toilets, on the theory that people will use them for short rides only.
More Reviews (18)
Nemorino's Related Pages
Mainz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mainz am Rhein"
- "Opera and cycling in Mainz"
- "Welcome to Mainz"
- "Mainz 57"
- "Willkommen in Mainz - Welcome to Mainz"
- "Mainz - or Meenz as the locals call it"
- "A Historical German City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mainz
- Hotels in Mainz
- Transportation in Mainz
- Nightlife in Mainz
- Restaurants in Mainz
- Shopping in Mainz
- Warnings and Dangers in Mainz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mainz
- 19 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Mainz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mainz
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Why are some parts of VT..."
- updated a Mainz Travel Page "Opera and cycling in Mainz"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Mainz travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Rhine River from Mainspitze"
- Wrote a Review View from the Citadel about Citadel in Mainz Off The Beaten Path
Photos in MainzSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 435 reviews, 1849 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 100 reviews, 253 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon Intro, 48 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avignon Intro, 46 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- churches- 21 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Rhine River- 12 Reviews, 13 Photos
- market-place- 11 Reviews, 18 Photos
- museums- 21 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Old Town- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- cathedral- 15 Reviews, 30 Photos
- City centre- 6 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Schillerplatz- 3 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Theatre- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- carnival- 3 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All Mainz Things to Do