Stuttgart Favorite Tips by Nemorino Top 5 Page for this destination
Stuttgart Favorites: 33 reviews and 27 photos
Looking northwest from the station tower
Favorite thing: When you turn around and look to the northwest, over the roof of the railway station, you can see a small vineyard on a hillside right near the center of the city, behind the office building of the German Railway System.
The Opera House from the Station Tower
Favorite thing: Here is a closer view of the Opera House, from observation deck on the tenth floor of the Station Tower.
The rounded front part of the building, partly hidden by two trees, is where the spectators sit, and the higher rectangular part at the rear is the "stage house", where the machinery above the stage is located.
Looking southeast from the station tower
Favorite thing: If the weather is good when you arrive at Stuttgart Central Station (Hauptbahnhof), you can start getting oriented by going up to the observation deck on the tenth floor of the station's clock tower. Admission is free.
Here is a view looking southeast. The Opera House is in the center of the photo, partly hidden by two trees. The white building to the left of the Opera House is the Small House for spoken theater, and the darker flat building to the right is the Landtag or State Parliament building.
More Reviews (38)
- See All Cycling in Stuttgart
- See All Künzelsau
- See All Cupola of the Art Building
- See All After the opera
Nemorino's Related Pages
Stuttgart Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stuttgart: Horses and Horsepower"
- "Opera and Protest in Stuttgart"
- "Sweet home"
- "Our New Home GERMANY"
- "Between Woods and Vineyards"
- "Stuttgart Capital of the Swabians"
- "suubi's German Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stuttgart
- Hotels in Stuttgart
- Transportation in Stuttgart
- Nightlife in Stuttgart
- Restaurants in Stuttgart
- Shopping in Stuttgart
- Warnings and Dangers in Stuttgart
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stuttgart
- 41 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Stuttgart?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stuttgart
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What is a MUST when visiting..."
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Stuttgart travel pages
- updated a Stuttgart Travel Page "Opera and Protest in Stuttgart"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The State Opera in Stuttgart"
- Wrote a Review Cycling in Stuttgart in Stuttgart Local Customs
Photos in StuttgartSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 400 reviews, 1663 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 100 reviews, 253 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon Intro, 48 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avignon Intro, 46 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (175)
- Wihelma- 29 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Neues Schloss (New Castle) and Schlossplatz- 30 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Koenigstrasse- 9 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Mercedes- 17 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Outside Stuttgart- 15 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Porsche- 9 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Altes Schloss (Old castle) and Schillerplatz- 18 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Events- 27 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Churches- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Parks and Gardens- 13 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Stuttgart Things to Do