Verona Transportation Tips by Nemorino Top 5 Page for this destination
Verona Transportation: 61 reviews and 67 photos
Banner advertising the VeronaCard
Like a lot of other European cities, Verona offers a tourist discount card. Here it is called the VeronaCard. It costs 8 Euros for one day or 12 Euros for three days and gives you admission to most of the museums, churches and monuments in Verona, as well as unlimited use of the local buses. You can buy a VeronaCard at any of the participating museums, churches or monuments, and at tobacconist shops.
I didn't get one of these cards because I had a free bicycle from my hotel, so I wasn't using the buses, and I only tend to visit one or two museums per day, but if you are going to ride buses and try to see everything at once, I'm sure it would save you some money. Also it saves having to fumble with small change every time you ride a bus.
The only time I have ever actually used such a Card up to now was on a stormy March weekend in Bonn, Germany, where I got a Bonn Welcome Card because I was using public transportation and really did want to go to several museums per day.
As on my Amsterdam and Paris pages, I have collected my Verona cycling tips under the category of General Tips (now known as Favorites), so as to keep them all together.
1. A EuroCity train at the station in Verona
To get to Verona I took the EuroCity train from Munich via Innsbruck. This is a convenient connection, several times daily, with good mountain views along the way.
Second photo: The dining car is fine for having a cup of coffee and using one of the big tables to write on, but I can't honestly recommend having a meal here.
Third photo: The main railway station in Verona is called Porta Nuova (which in English would be Newgate). From here there are frequent connections to Venice and Milan, for example.
Fourth photo: This is the nearby Porta Nuova, which the station is named after.
A city bus in Verona
Public transport in Verona is in the form of buses, some of which are powered by natural gas to reduce pollution.
As a cyclist I have never used these buses, but I'm told the service is frequent and very good.
More Reviews (46)
- Noise at night
- Free bicycles
- See All Shopping for us normal folks
- See All Cycling with dogs
Nemorino's Related Pages
Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Verona "my town""
- "Verona - The City of Balconies"
- "Architecture & dancingqueens reaching for the sky"
- "My Verona"
- "Operas in the Arena"
- "Verona, a living museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Verona
- Hotels in Verona
- Transportation in Verona
- Nightlife in Verona
- Restaurants in Verona
- Shopping in Verona
- Warnings and Dangers in Verona
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sabana Grande Hotels
- Saint Just-in-Penwith Hotels
- El Cajon Hotels
- Unterjoch Hotels
Badges & Stats in Verona
- 49 Reviews
- 175 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 63 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 280 reviews, 1112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 94 reviews, 233 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 150 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 125 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 43 reviews, 126 photos
Latest Verona hotel reviews
- Montresor Hotel Giberti
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Euromotel Croce Bianca Verona
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- B&B Al Filarmonico
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Hotel Turismo
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Golden Tulip Parkhotel Affi
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- Sogno di Giulietta
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Maxim Hotel
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Due Torri Hotel Baglioni
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Firenze Verona
- 224 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Residence Viale Venezia
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Giulietta e Romeo Hotel Verona
- 428 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Residenza San Faustino
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2013
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Romeo & Juliet- 108 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Arena- 115 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Piazza delle Erbe- 90 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Piazza Bra- 51 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Piazza dei Signori - Piazza Dante- 62 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Castelvecchio- 49 Reviews, 98 Photos
- The Scaligeri Tombs- 32 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Teatro Romano - Roman Theatre- 15 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Sant'Anastasia Chiesa - Church- 13 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Basilica San Zeno- 15 Reviews, 29 Photos
See All Verona Things to Do