"My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ." Top 5 Page for this destination Paris by Nemorino
Paris Travel Guide: 22,810 reviews and 56,533 photos
In the winter of 2014/2015 I made substantial updates to six of my older Paris reviews – ‘substantial’ meaning that I have added or replaced at least two photos and added several paragraphs of text.
These re-launched reviews are:
• Passy: The House of Balzac (16th)
• Bourse de Commerce (1st)
• Colbert at Saint-Eustache Church (1st)
• Père Lachaise Cemetery (20th)
• Gare de l’Est = East Station (10th)
• Gare de Lyon (12th)
(The ordinal numbers in parenthesis refer to the district = arrondissement of Paris where the subject of the review is located.)
In 2014 I added forty-nine new tips/reviews to my Paris page. I have divided these into three loops, by the month of posting, so if you just want to look at one loop at a time you can easily do so by clicking on the link at the bottom of each review.
• Thirteen Paris reviews from September 2014. All of these reviews are about the 2nd district (2ème arrondissement), the smallest of the twenty Paris districts and the only one that has a Green mayor. At the end of this loop I have added a link to an older review about my favorite place in the 2nd district, the Opéra Comique.
• Sixteen Paris reviews from August 2014, including the Trocadéro, two museums in the Palais de Chaillot, a play at the Lucernaire, graves in the Montparnasse Cemetery and a guided walking tour of the Saint-Germain-des-Près neighborhood.
• Twenty Paris reviews from March 2014, including the Vauban memorial, the Arsenal Pavilion, the Museum of the Sewers, the Chinese New Year and some street art by Jana & JS.
In a travelogue I have also preserved the links to several earlier loops of Paris tips/reviews, in case anyone is still interested in these.
The amazing thing about my visit to Paris in June 2006 was that in only ten days I saw eight operas at seven different venues. I don't know of any other city in the world where this would be possible.
Table of Contents
Here is an overview of the larger tip categories on my Paris page, with clickable links:
Things to Do 1-10: Champs-Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, Théâtre de la Huchette, Victor Hugo, Balzac; nights at the Opéra Garnier.
Things to Do 11-20: Opera venues: Garnier, Bastille, Châtelet, Opéra Comique, Athenée.
Things to Do 21-30: Théâtre des Champs-Élysées; open-air opera; Music at Salle Pleyel, Radio France, La Villette.
Things to Do 31-40: Music in the Sainte Chapelle & Madeleine; François-Mitterrand Library, Simone de Beauvoir footbridge, Pont des Arts, Queuing at the Eiffel Tower, . . .
Things to Do 41-50: Museums: Louvre, Orsay, Beaubourg, Picasso, Carnavalet.
Things to Do 51-60: Immigration: Porte Dorée, Cité de l'immigration; Branly Museum, Arab World, Mosque, . . .
Things to Do 61-70: Paris Beaches, Paris in the cinema, Making films in Paris, Palais Royal, Comédie Française, Musée des Arts et Métiers, Memorial of the Deportation.
Things to Do 71-80: Paris from a tethered balloon, Parc André Citroën, Montparnasse Tower, Saint-Roch, Place des Vosges, Panthéon, Eiffel Tower.
Things to Do 81-90: Montmartre, Sacré-Coeur, Standing room at the Opéra Bastille.
Things to Do 91-100: Square du Vert-Galant, Notre-Dame 1482, Cluny Museum, Egypt in the Louvre.
Things to Do 101-110: Musée Charles X, Grand Palais, Petit Palais, Napoléon’s tomb, Army Museum, Rodin Museum.
Things to Do 111-120: Musée Guimet, Place d’Iéna, concert at Théâtre des Champs-Elysées, Arc de Triomphe, Orangerie, Samaritaine.
Things to Do 121-130: Boat trip on the Seine, Hôtel du Nord, Canal Saint-Martin, Arletty, Saint-Louis Hospital, Science & Industry Museum, Pont Neuf, Wallace Fountains, Conciergerie.
Things to Do 131-140: Archeological Crypt, Les Arènes de Lutèce, Jardin des Plantes, The Grand Gallery of Evolution, Beaumarchais, The square of Gavroche’s elephant, Théâtre des Nouveautés, Bourdelle Museum and the Hall Napoléon at the Louvre.
Things to Do 141-150: The Palais Royal district: Galerie Vivienne, Rue de la Banque, Place des Victoires. Gobelin tapestries, Les Berges.
Things to Do 151-160: Les Berges (the banks of the Seine), Rue de Bièvre.
Things to Do 161-170: Île Saint-Louis; Orsay and Louvre museums with VT member breughel.
Things to Do 171-180: People at the Louvre, Jacquemart-André Museum, Camille Claudel, Jewish Art and History, Spontini’s opera La Vestale, Vauban memorial, Saint-Germain-des-Près.
Things to Do 180-188: More places in Saint-Germain-des-Près, Delacroix Museum, Trocadéro, Richelieu-Louvois Library, Dionysian frenzy, Galerie Colbert.
Off the Beaten Path 1-10: Le Bourget 1927; Rue des Rosiers 1962/65; Paris Skyline Countdown # 30; Jardin du Moulin de la Pointe; Passy, light pollution, Trinité, colorful facades.
Off the Beaten Path 11-20: Small theaters: La Comedia, Espace Marais, Theatre de l'Ile Saint-Louis; music in small churches; gay bars; Phillippe Auguste's wall: Wallace Fountains; Cité Universitaire.
Off the Beaten Path 21-30: Hemingway's Place de la Contrescarpe; Belleville; Passy; Allee des Cygnes.
Off the Beaten Path 31-40: Promenade plantée; Père Lachaise cemetery; Colbert in the Saint-Eustache Church; Bois de Vincennes; town halls of several arrondissements, Bourse de Commerce, Tournelle Bridge, Hôtel de Sens.
Off the Beaten Path 41-50: Galerie Véro-Dodat, Le Recrutement, Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, La Rotonde de la Villette, Jussieu campus, Théâtre Montparnasse, Rue de la Gaîté, Zadkine Museum, guided walking tour of Montparnasse, Le Sélect.
Off the Beaten Path 51-60: La Coupole, ateliers in rue Huyghens, Foujita’s atelier, rue Delambre, Bains Odessa, Rue de Rennes, Couvent des Cordelières, Château de la Reine Blanche.
Off the Beaten Path 61-70: 13th arrondissement & Les Docks.
Off the Beaten Path 71-80: Diderot University, Butte-aux-Cailles, Place de Clichy, …
Off the Beaten Path 81-90: Museum of the Sewers, Arsenal Library and Pavillon, Quai des Célestins, rue Jacob, rue Monttessuy, street art by Jana & JS.
Off the Beaten Path 91-100: Palais de Chaillot, Le Lucernaire, Montparnasse Cemetery; the 2nd district (2e arrondissement).
Off the Beaten Path 101-106: More places in the 2nd district.
Transportation 1-10: Six major railway stations; Train of Great Speed (TGV); InterCityExpress (ICE); EuroCity (EC).
Transportation 11-20: Five or six reasons not to take the Métro; Bus 38, Tramway T-3a and T-3b, Porte de Versailles, Porte de Vincennes, Porte de la Chapelle, Small Belt Line, Autolib’, Voiturier.
Transportation 21-22: Batobus, Métro line # 4.
Here on my Paris page (as on my Amsterdam and Verona pages) I have put all my cycling tips into the category of General Tips a.k.a. Favorites, so as to keep them all together.
If you look at a political map of the Paris districts, you will see that the western side of the city is colored blue,... more travel advice
Each of the twenty districts (arrondissements) of Paris has not only a number, but also a name. The name of the 1st... more travel advice
- See All Richelieu-Louvois Library (2nd)
- See All What kind of a name is that?
- See All The Battle of the Somme, 1916
- See All Speed limits in Paris
- See All Narrow sidewalks
Nemorino's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "JE SUIS CHARLIE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 400 Reviews
- 1,670 Photos
- 192 Forum posts
- 280 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Paris tips
- updated a Paris Travel Page "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Le Pas Mur"
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
- Wrote a Review The 2nd district (2e arrondissement) in Paris Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 400 reviews, 1670 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 100 reviews, 253 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besançon Intro, 48 reviews, 202 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avignon Intro, 46 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues