"Land Hessen: Frankfurt Skyline Countdown" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Hessen by Nemorino
Land Hessen Travel Guide: 4,101 reviews and 10,641 photos
Since at one point my Frankfurt am Main page was starting to get rather large and unwieldy, I have moved the Frankfurt Skyline Countdown over here to my "Land Hessen" page.
So this is now the place where you can find out more than you ever wanted to know about the twenty-six tallest buildings in the city of Frankfurt. There is still one tip for each building -- except for # 5, which has five tips (with twenty-one photos) in order to build up suspense to a fever pitch before finally going on to the Top Four.
Of course if you come from Dubai, Taipei, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou or Chicago you won’t be terribly impressed, since some of your buildings are twice as tall as ours. But we do the best we can – and our high-powered bankers and business executives do at least as much damage as yours do, even though ours only work on the 58th floor and not on the 88th or the 118th.
The last major re-vamp of the Frankfurt Skyline Countdown was in May 2012.
The tips/reviews are now all linked together, so if you want to see them in order you can easily do so by clicking on the link at the bottom of each tip.
Nine of the tips feature the great German dramatist, poet and historian Friedrich Schiller. As you will see, Schiller was not a big fan of 20th and 21st century architecture -- which is not surprising since he died in 1805.
One thing Schiller and I have in common is that neither of us takes any responsibility for what goes on inside these tall buildings. Schiller was a very progressive person in his time; if he were alive today I am sure he would not approve of millionaire investment bankers getting huge bonuses for wrecking the economy and putting millions of people out of work. But unlike me he would be writing plays and poems about it, not just tips/reviews on VirtualTourist.
(I have written more about Friedrich Schiller on my Wiesbaden, Bad Vilbel and Leipzig pages.)
By the way, there is one skyscraper in Land Hessen which is not in Frankfurt and is therefore not included in the countdown. That is the 120-meter City Tower in the adjoining city of Offenbach am Main. (Would be # 20 if it were in Frankfurt.)
Of course Land Hessen has a lot more to offer than just skyscrapers! For other aspects, please have a look at my Bad Hersfeld, Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Bad Orb, Bad Vilbel, Darmstadt, Friedberg, Friedrichsdorf, Gelnhausen, Gießen, Kassel, Kassel, Steinau an der Straße and Wiesbaden pages. And my Frankfurt am Main page, of course!
All right, are you ready? Then take a deep breath and click here to start the countdown with Frankfurt's twenty-sixth tallest building.
Construction is well underway, as of 2013, for the future headquarters building of the European Central Bank (ECB). The... more travel advice
The Gallileo Tower, Frankfurt's 16th tallest building, was completed in 2003. It actually consists of two "towers" --... more travel advice
Nemorino's Related Pages
Land Hessen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land Hessen: Frankfurt Skyline Countdown"
- "Romantic Hesse - towns and Rhine"
- "State of Hessen, more than only Frankfurt"
- "Germany's State Hessen"
- "Welcome to the German State of Hesse"
- "Offenbach Wald Zoo Animals"
- "weekends in Hessen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Land Hessen
- Hotels in Land Hessen
- Transportation in Land Hessen
- Nightlife in Land Hessen
- Restaurants in Land Hessen
- Shopping in Land Hessen
- Warnings and Dangers in Land Hessen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Land Hessen
- 352 Reviews
- 878 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Land Hessen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Land Hessen
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Affordable Hotels in Paris"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Land Hessen travel pages
- updated a Land Hessen Travel Page "Land Hessen: Frankfurt Skyline Countdown"
- Wrote a Review Frankfurt Skyline Countdown, the future # 7 in Land Hessen Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Frankfurt Skyline Countdown, the future # 7"
Photos in Land HessenSee All Photos (878)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 352 reviews, 1452 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 96 reviews, 234 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 61 reviews, 222 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 49 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 45 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 56 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon Intro, 42 reviews, 156 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 32 reviews, 150 photos, 6 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 44 reviews, 125 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 43 reviews, 126 photos
Top Land Hessen hotels
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1734 Reviews - 3754 Photos
- Rüdesheim am Rhein Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 325 Photos
- Wiesbaden Hotels
- 238 Reviews - 442 Photos
- Kassel Hotels
- 95 Reviews - 233 Photos
- Offenbach Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Marburg an der Lahn Hotels
- 210 Reviews - 853 Photos
- Darmstadt Hotels
- 205 Reviews - 657 Photos
- Michelstadt Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 63 Photos
- Offenbach Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Kronberg Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 75 Photos
- Hanau am Main Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 153 Photos
- Fulda Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Butzbach Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 39 Photos
- Bad Soden am Taunus Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 263 Photos