VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Nemorino's profile photo

Nemorino

Don Online Now
The world is full of wonderful places. Help keep them wonderful by not driving in them.

My Favorite Pages

Vienna

Salzburg

Nancy

Mozart’s operas

Salzburg, Austria
Travelogues

Neues Museum (The New Museum)

Museum Island - Neues Museum, Berlin, Germany

Milan

Travel Map

jojes's Profile Photo
jojes Jan 13, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Paris with kids'. You've been a huge help.

mtncorg's Profile Photo
mtncorg Jan 9, 2017 at 5:38 AM

Cheers Don. Have loved your travels over the years. Continue with the good efforts in other venues. Bis denn mein Freund!

Nemorino Jan 9, 2017 at 5:49 AM

Thanks, Mark. I'm going to wait till the dust settles and then decide how and where to continue. Best wishes to you as well.

jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
jumpingnorman Jan 8, 2017 at 8:12 AM

Enjoyed knowing you through VT Don and enjoy more adventures, concerts, operas and more :)

IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
IreneMcKay Jan 8, 2017 at 4:59 AM

Very distressed about the closure of vt. All the best. Any idea where you will go next?

Nemorino Jan 8, 2017 at 5:49 AM

Hi Irene. I have signed up for travellerspoint and travbuddy, but am thus far not convinced by either one. Two of the original VT founders, Tilman and Giampiero, are trying to set up some kind of alternative, so I think I'll wait and see what they come up with.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    IreneMcKay Jan 8, 2017 at 5:57 AM

I'm on travellers point. I've sent you a friends request there. I might join travel buddy too. I know what you mean they are just not the same but we may get used to them. Also watching to see what g comes up with.

songlines's Profile Photo
songlines Jan 7, 2017 at 12:27 PM

Hi Don, just to say, sorry that VT is closing and wishing you all the best for the future. I so have a blog if you would ever want to come and see, it's gaiainaction.wordpress.com
I have enjoyed interaction with you via comments and looking up things on your travel pages.
Take care and enjoy all your future travels.
Kind regards, Songlines, (Agnes)

Segolily's Profile Photo
Segolily Jan 7, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Don, I am sorry to see VT end. What a sad day it is. All the valuable advice gone. You are one of those I most enjoyed reading and I will miss dropping in once in awhile to see what you've been up to. I notice Vienna is one of your latest pages to receive attention. We just had a new granddaughter and they decided to name her Vienna in memory of that beautiful town.

HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
HORSCHECK Jan 6, 2017 at 10:15 AM

Oh well, Don, it is a very sad day for VT members.

Nemorino Jan 6, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Yes, it certainly is a sad day. VT has been an important part of my life for the past dozen years, and I am really going to miss it. We can stay in touch on Facebook, but that's not the same.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    HORSCHECK Jan 6, 2017 at 10:31 AM

You are right, Facebook is something totally different and I am going to miss VT as well.<br/>

Yaqui's Profile Photo
Yaqui Jan 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Who is the lovely lady? Thank you kindly Don for visiting my Grand Canyon page. We had such a good time. It was nice to use the bus. It didn't take the route to Hermits Rest, we took our time enjoying every minute of it. More and more bicycles are becoming more common. It is good to see them. Thank you again!

Nemorino Jan 5, 2017 at 12:56 AM

She's one of the stars of my new Vienna page.

angiebabe's Profile Photo
angiebabe Jan 4, 2017 at 10:12 AM

Belated happy New year Don! Hope you've been enjoying a restful Christmas season and all that and ready for another eventful travel year ! :) had a lovely visit to Dresden and surrounds a couple of weeks ago...was great being back in Germany since the stint away in Asia. Looking forward to this years trips. Might see you in Kempten :)

Nemorino Jan 4, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Thanks and best wishes for the New Year. I hope to be in Kempten for at least the first day of the meeting, if my teaching schedule allows.