"Land of black gold,River of blue silver" Ahvaz by arashmania
Ahvaz Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 27 photos
The township of Ahvaz is situated in the central portion of the province and has a warm and humid climate. Ahvaz is the center and largest city of the province and is located 874 km. from Tehran.
......500 stadia from Susa, and occupies the site of what was once an extensive and important city. Of this ancient city vast remains are left, extending several miles along the bank of the river. Among the most remarkable are the ruins of a bridge and a citadel, or palace, besides vestiges of canals and water-mills, which tell of former commercial activity.
1980's: During the Iran-Iraq War Ahvaz is the scene for heavy fighting.
It is located at the confluence of the Karun and Shatt al Arab rivers on the lowland plain of Khuzestan. Ahvaz has long served as a shipping hub for river traffic
This picture shows the white bridge on karun river
Ahvaz is important as a transportation centre, thanks to a rail junction and the head of navigation of Karun River. There are petroleum fields north of the city.
The first university opened in Around 230 CE
Ahvaz University which opened in 1955 and several technical institutes.
This picture shows the burning gas wells.
- Pros:The people of Ahvaz are very kind and hospitable.
- Cons:weather in summer would be so hot
Climate January 12.5ºC February 16.2ºC March 20.1ºC April 23.5ºC May 31.9ºC June 35.7ºC July 37.8ºC ... more travel advice
arashmania's Related Pages
Ahvaz Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Ahvaz
- Hotels in Ahvaz
- Transportation in Ahvaz
- Restaurants in Ahvaz
- Shopping in Ahvaz
- Warnings and Dangers in Ahvaz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ahvaz
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ahvaz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ahvaz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kish Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Ostan-e Zanjan Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Iran Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Niasar Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Abyaneh Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Bandar `Abbas Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Ahvaz Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masuleh Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Lahijan Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Dubai Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos