"A reasonably Chinese city" Kaifeng by bhemak
Kaifeng Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 50 photos
Kaifeng was an ancient capital similar to near by Luoyang. Although Kaifeng certainly hasn't been tainted by moderninity the way Luoyang has, it wasn't as impressive. It has one rather famous landmark that wasn't a let down (Iron Pagoda). It has a visable Muslim influence. The reported Christian and Jewish influence was less visable.
- Pros:not over developed, good monuments,suprising lakes
- Cons:perhaps dirtier than a usual Chinese city
- In a nutshell:Neither ancient nor modern
This guest house is built in the side of the old city wall. The rooms are clean save for the dirty walls. It featured a... more travel advice
Or Tie Ta. This one of the top sites to the Chinese and I can see why. Sure it is an old and unique Pagoda in a park,... more travel advice
bhemak's Related Pages
Kaifeng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A reasonably Chinese city"
- "Good Old Kaifeng, An Ancient Capital"
- "Kaifeng - Old City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaifeng
- Hotels in Kaifeng
- Transportation in Kaifeng
- Restaurants in Kaifeng
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kaifeng
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kaifeng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaifeng
Top 10 Pages
- Kunming Intro, 17 reviews, 9 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xi'an Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Macao Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yangshuo Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Gongshan Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Santa Fe Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue