"Apparently I lived here" Zhengzhou by bhemak
Zhengzhou Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 45 photos
Zhengzhou is not on a travelers wish list. It is an modern and big city. It is the center of China's rail network and an important bus and air transit location so you may wind up here. I did, but I teaching English.
If you must kill a day or two here or do business it is not too bad of a place. If you want to continue a western life style you can. If you want to see some of real China, you can do that also. Zhengzhou may not be the prettiest place in China, but most of China will look like this ten or twenty years.
I'm always interested in a places nicknames and Zhengzhou's name 'City of Trees' seemed like an odd one. The more I wandered the city, the more I saw it was true. While it is a modern Chinese city with wide streets, many are still tree lined. The parks are filled with trees. The streams are lined with trees. It really is a green city and it made it more enjoyable to be here.
- Pros:Do what you like, be western or Chinese
- Cons:Soulless, Sprawling, Limited Sites
- In a nutshell:A non-horrible transit junction with suprising greenery
The only thing of note in Zhengzhou is Erqi Ta or February 7th pagoda. It is a memorial for the workers who died during... more travel advice
China is filled with places called the People's Park. I doubt this is a highly unique one, but it does show case the... more travel advice
bhemak's Related Pages
Zhengzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Apparently I lived here"
- "ZhengZhou and Shaolin Temple"
- "a big transport terminal-junction of China"
- "Gateway to Shaolin"
- "Zhengzhou what???"
- "Central China"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhengzhou
- Hotels in Zhengzhou
- Transportation in Zhengzhou
- Nightlife in Zhengzhou
- Restaurants in Zhengzhou
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zhengzhou
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Zhengzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhengzhou
Photos in ZhengzhouSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kunming Intro, 17 reviews, 9 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xi'an Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Macao Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yangshuo Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Gongshan Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Santa Fe Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue