"Apparently I lived here" Zhengzhou by bhemak

Zhengzhou Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 45 photos

The city of trees

Zhengzhou is not on a travelers wish list. It is an modern and big city. It is the center of China's rail network and an important bus and air transit location so you may wind up here. I did, but I teaching English.

If you must kill a day or two here or do business it is not too bad of a place. If you want to continue a western life style you can. If you want to see some of real China, you can do that also. Zhengzhou may not be the prettiest place in China, but most of China will look like this ten or twenty years.

I'm always interested in a places nicknames and Zhengzhou's name 'City of Trees' seemed like an odd one. The more I wandered the city, the more I saw it was true. While it is a modern Chinese city with wide streets, many are still tree lined. The parks are filled with trees. The streams are lined with trees. It really is a green city and it made it more enjoyable to be here.

• Pros:Do what you like, be western or Chinese
  • Cons:Soulless, Sprawling, Limited Sites
  • In a nutshell:A non-horrible transit junction with suprising greenery
  • Last visit to Zhengzhou: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2006

• sebainchina's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2007 at 6:01 AM

hay, yeah so i've been livivng in zhengzhou now for 3 years and i really don't like the city but i have no choise got to go to school .... if you are ever in town just let me know could be fun ...... bye

• ino_hsb's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 6:29 PM

I agree with your ZZ Cons. Came here twice for business and got bored in 3 days. Nothing's happening past 10 pm. Clubs play chinese dance music. Though modern by their standard, it sounded traditional with mine.

• socrates_07's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2005 at 8:37 AM

Zhengzhou is the location from where I will visit the places of my interest. And I think, you have to pass this city if you come from other provinces. Anyway, it seems at least there is a nice nightlife there.. ;-)

bhemak Used To Live Here!

bhemak

“Life is like an analogy.”

Badges & Stats in Zhengzhou

Have you been to Zhengzhou?

Latest Activity in Zhengzhou