"Batam with kids" Pulau Batam by tedandtina
Pulau Batam Travel Guide: 415 reviews and 1,075 photos
Joined a tour to Batam from Singapore. It was our first time there, and we are already trying to find time to go back for more fun.
Left in morning and back in the evening (9am to 6pm)
Go-Kart racing - fun for kids and adults.
Batam souvenir shop
Temple - very big and good photo spot. Kids enjoyed it.
Batam City Square-shopping shopping shopping, but if you have time check all the stores and bargain. Prices can vary. One toy vendor quoted 25% more than the guy next door for the exact same item.
Seafood Lunch- course by course. Varied and delicious
Good food, go-kart racing was thrilling, shopping haven for clothes/bags/ books etc
But Immigration waiting time for VOA-visa on arrival can take a long time.
At Batam Center-get your visa first at the "bank" and then get in the immigration line. Signs are not clearly marked for the VOA-tourists.
Huge lunch crowd.
Course included Crab, fish, sea shell dish, deep fried squid, vegetable. soup and fruit.
Coconuts were fresh and sweet, must try.
Lots of fun!
Cost about $15 Sing dollars for 10 minutes but well worth it.
- Pros:Something for everyone
- Cons:Tours can involve the usual waiting or rushing
- In a nutshell:One day is not enough
tedandtina's Related Pages
Pulau Batam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PULAU BATAM, INDONESIA 2006: Sat 25 Mar - Sun 26"
- "Batam Island - A Relaxing Island Near Singapore"
- "Batam Trip 2005: Fri 25th Mar - Sun 27th Mar"
- "Batam-nearer to Singapore than to Jakarta"
- "Twin Land of Singapore"
- "An Island South of Singapore"
- "Batam Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Batam
- Hotels in Pulau Batam
- Transportation in Pulau Batam
- Nightlife in Pulau Batam
- Restaurants in Pulau Batam
- Shopping in Pulau Batam
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Batam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Batam
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pulau Batam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Batam
Top 10 Pages
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Costa Rica Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Cancún Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Bali Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Pulau Batam Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Guam 4 reviews
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 photos
- Singapore 2 reviews
No friends yet.