"Divjaka National Reserve - Karavasta lagoon" Divjake by njonjo
Divjake Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
This is a great place!
We are talking here about a big area divided in three components: Karavasta lagoon, Divjaka beach and Divjaka forest.
KARAVASTA LAGOON is generally known for the population of Dalmatian Pelicans (an endangered species) that nests here. The lagoon has been designated as site of international importance by the Ramsar convention. This is the biggest lagoon of Albania and one of the biggest in Mediterranean. 29 species of amphibians, 25 species of mammals and 228 species (some of this rare or endangered ones) of birds have been counted so far.
The beach is huge, 12 km long and 100 m ca. wide. In summer around 8000 daily visitors flow here from around cities (Lushnja is the nearest town).
A chain of restaurants have been builded during the last years, in the line where the forest ends and the beach starts.
Last, but not least, mosquitos are a problem. So, I would advice travelling here in off-season time.
1100 ha of pine forest with a very diverse ecosystem inside it. The forest goes between the sand belt in west and the lagoon in east. Really interesting walking around.
- Pros:very rich ecosystem, great beach, beautiful place
- Cons:mosquitos are a problem
- In a nutshell:a 'Must see' for nature lovers
I loved this view. Wild horses going around free and untroubled on a desert beach. more travel advice
The beach is huge. I was here in January, so I had the strongest impression of the vastity of the sand as the beach was... more travel advice
njonjo's Related Pages
Divjake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Divjaka National Reserve - Karavasta lagoon"
- "Qyteti Divjakes"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Divjake
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Divjake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Divjake
Photos in DivjakeSee All Photos (8)
Top 5 Pages
- Vuno Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berat Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shkoder Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gjirokaster Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Divjake Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos