"I Eat moss!" Ricketts Glen State Park by chodearm

Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos

Ricketts Glen State Park

Drove cross Jersey on rt.80 into the large land mass of Pennsylvania. Headed to the mountains, I needed a change from the beach weekends that visit me often. The plan, to hike the Falls Trail and check out some waterfalls, see ferns and moss covering everything and camp out for the night. All were accomplished, but the ham hocks in my legs are damn tired. Hiked about 10 miles then set up camp and drank on forbidden lands. Sleep overcame us shortly after nightfall.

Waterfalls

The waterfalls here are the main attraction. This sweet baby stands at 90 something feet. Where do they measure from? I would think from water splash at the bottom to the peak point but that bottom has some depth. There more to this. There were people galavanting all over the site. Families taking photos with it, so the wiait to get a peopleless shot took a while. Something about moving water musters up some unexplainable excitement.

Yuki shooting photos

Every trip we take ends up being a photo mission. All photos on this site are just our digital camera, we have a million manual photos, vut I am lazy and never scan them. Maybe I should?

Thanks to PAK2AKgirl's Ricketts Glen State Park Page, that was my kickstart for this adventure.

• Pros:This place has 26 waterfalls on one trail
  • Cons:route 80 from NY allows you to sleep and drive.
  • Last visit to Ricketts Glen State Park: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 5, 2004

chodearm

“Put me elsewhere.”

Badges & Stats in Ricketts Glen State Park

Have you been to Ricketts Glen State Park?

Latest Activity in Ricketts Glen State Park