"I Eat moss!" Ricketts Glen State Park by chodearm
Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos
Drove cross Jersey on rt.80 into the large land mass of Pennsylvania. Headed to the mountains, I needed a change from the beach weekends that visit me often. The plan, to hike the Falls Trail and check out some waterfalls, see ferns and moss covering everything and camp out for the night. All were accomplished, but the ham hocks in my legs are damn tired. Hiked about 10 miles then set up camp and drank on forbidden lands. Sleep overcame us shortly after nightfall.
The waterfalls here are the main attraction. This sweet baby stands at 90 something feet. Where do they measure from? I would think from water splash at the bottom to the peak point but that bottom has some depth. There more to this. There were people galavanting all over the site. Families taking photos with it, so the wiait to get a peopleless shot took a while. Something about moving water musters up some unexplainable excitement.
Every trip we take ends up being a photo mission. All photos on this site are just our digital camera, we have a million manual photos, vut I am lazy and never scan them. Maybe I should?
Thanks to PAK2AKgirl's Ricketts Glen State Park Page, that was my kickstart for this adventure.
- Pros:This place has 26 waterfalls on one trail
- Cons:route 80 from NY allows you to sleep and drive.
I had to put this here just cause the photo touches me where no others have.....and I ain't saying down yonder. more travel advice
chodearm's Related Pages
Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Hiking and Scenery"
- "Beautiful hike with TONS of waterfalls"
- "I Eat moss!"
- "Ricketts Glen State Park"
- "Waterfalls Galore!"
- "Rickett's Glen State Park- Under Construction"
- "Winter Romantic Get-Away"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Hotels in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Nightlife in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Restaurants in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Shopping in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Ricketts Glen State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ricketts Glen State Park
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ricketts Glen State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Posted in Travel Sevilla Forum "Thought I would give it a try..."
- Commented on one of kazander's Ricketts Glen State Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Trail Sign in Ricketts Glen State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Trail Sign"
- updated a Ricketts Glen State Park Travelogue "Other photos of Ricketts"
Photos in Ricketts Glen State ParkSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 90 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mishima Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Watkins Glen State Park Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Culebra Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos