"Fairy Land, Watkins Glen State Park" Watkins Glen State Park by chodearm
Watkins Glen State Park Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 90 photos
I always used to take state parks for granted, not dividing much attention for them. I gave them a second grade rating to their much larger counter parts, The National Park. Americas great landscapes most the time are succumbed and eaten up by the National Park system for all the right reasons. So I would figure if you are going to the woods head for the largest, most impressive place. This weekend put a large fissure in that kind of thinking. The state parks hold their own and the crowds are half of those at a federally designated park.
With that thought dropped on the table I give you Watkins Glen State Park. My brother, Yuki and I hiked to the top of the gorge trail, mouth agape. Around every corner, another impressive moist landscape, dripping with water and coated in mist. Moss and foliage clenching onto every wall and raggedly cliff, nearly letting the grip loose to slide down natural waterslides whirling through white waters.
Quite alot of chatter from Yukis mouth spelled out her plan to leave the work world behind and be reincarnated as a fairy. She will maintain Watkins Glen and in return call it home. In the right creative mind the imagery seemed real. Wings sprouted from Yukis back, she shrunk to 3/4 scale and lifted up off the ground flying and weaving, dodging waterfalls and craggy cliffs. As she cut through the thick mist, clouds billowed behind her forming a wake of sorts. She swooped down to lift a coke can to its proper receptacle, left behind by an unforgiven hand. Do fairys marry? And where do they buy panties?
Consruction for the next 2 miles....
- Pros:Moist little crack, in the earth that is...
What I am about to spit may or may not be true...this is just what I have collected over time from varied sources. A... more travel advice
A 4-5 mile walk, plus a trek down a streambed will bring you to this fun natural mountain feature. Follow the blue... more travel advice
chodearm's Related Pages
Watkins Glen State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fairy Land, Watkins Glen State Park"
- ""Gorges" Watkins Glen State Park"
- "Watkin's Glen State Park"
- "Watkins Glen State Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Watkins Glen State Park
- Hotels in Watkins Glen State Park
- Transportation in Watkins Glen State Park
- Nightlife in Watkins Glen State Park
- Restaurants in Watkins Glen State Park
- Shopping in Watkins Glen State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Watkins Glen State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Watkins Glen State Park
- 24 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Watkins Glen State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Watkins Glen State Park
- Posted in Travel Sevilla Forum "Thought I would give it a try..."
- Commented on one of kazander's Watkins Glen State Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "South Rim Trail"
- Wrote a Review Beaver Ponds in Watkins Glen State Park Off The Beaten Path
- created a Watkins Glen State Park Travelogue "More Manuals"
Photos in Watkins Glen State ParkSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 90 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mishima Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Watkins Glen State Park Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Culebra Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos