"More than meets the eyyyyyye." Top 5 Page for this destination Montauk by chodearm
Montauk Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 149 photos
A Saturday morning redevous to the farthest reaches of the Island of Long. By-passing the Hamtons traffic fell into place with aid of early departure. The TRADE PARADE was a hal-hour or so behind us, so we easily blew through East Hampton, BridgeHampton, and Amagansett. The night before I put in a call to a friend who is artist, Peter Beards friend. We were granted access to his private beach, and parking without tow. Turning keys to engine off we ditched the vehicle roadside against the parking signs wishes. With high hopes of no one calling it in we set out towards the path to the right scouring the brush for the wooden staircase the will descend the cliffs we were atop. Huffing down the stairs, arms packed with beach essentials we carefully stepped over the the loose round rocked shoreline in path to the only sandy legion in sight.
Fog dimmed the light situation and created a great sheath to my many moves I was to perform while rock and sand side. Desolate for miles in each direction, we were the only human souls present with souls of random birds the only on-lookers. Sun sat behind the shear curtain through the day, and waves pulling out a hollw raw from the shore affected my senses and made me pt more emotion into the moves that only someone with a name like CHODEARM can render.
Its the end of January and temps are rising to the mid fifties every weekend. I'm confused here, my dreams of warm winters are coming true but by what means. Is it those suburbanites pouncing around in those SUV's or our beautiful nations dependance on fossil fuels that are fueling this warming earth. My prognosis is that the summer ocean went so warm its making a barrier that is pushing southern winds north rather than east. I thank the jet stream.
Its January, well as i write this I would be lieing cause right now its March and spring is in reach. This photo and... more travel advice
I remembered a couple of roadside stands on the way in back before the town of Montauk. Yukijohn was in desperate need... more travel advice
chodearm's Related Pages
Montauk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than meets the eyyyyyye."
- "Montauk - the end of the line"
- "Salty Seaside Saunter"
- "Beautiful Beaches of Montauk"
- "Montauk, Long Island, New York"
- "'The End'"
- "My Long Island Adventure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montauk
- Hotels in Montauk
- Transportation in Montauk
- Nightlife in Montauk
- Restaurants in Montauk
- Shopping in Montauk
- Warnings and Dangers in Montauk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montauk
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Montauk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montauk
Photos in MontaukSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 90 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mishima Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Watkins Glen State Park Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Culebra Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos