"More than meets the eyyyyyye." Top 5 Page for this destination Montauk by chodearm

Montauk Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 149 photos

Ahem....ah, yeah, I am a model.

A Saturday morning redevous to the farthest reaches of the Island of Long. By-passing the Hamtons traffic fell into place with aid of early departure. The TRADE PARADE was a hal-hour or so behind us, so we easily blew through East Hampton, BridgeHampton, and Amagansett. The night before I put in a call to a friend who is artist, Peter Beards friend. We were granted access to his private beach, and parking without tow. Turning keys to engine off we ditched the vehicle roadside against the parking signs wishes. With high hopes of no one calling it in we set out towards the path to the right scouring the brush for the wooden staircase the will descend the cliffs we were atop. Huffing down the stairs, arms packed with beach essentials we carefully stepped over the the loose round rocked shoreline in path to the only sandy legion in sight.

Fog dimmed the light situation and created a great sheath to my many moves I was to perform while rock and sand side. Desolate for miles in each direction, we were the only human souls present with souls of random birds the only on-lookers. Sun sat behind the shear curtain through the day, and waves pulling out a hollw raw from the shore affected my senses and made me pt more emotion into the moves that only someone with a name like CHODEARM can render.

A hike in January

Its the end of January and temps are rising to the mid fifties every weekend. I'm confused here, my dreams of warm winters are coming true but by what means. Is it those suburbanites pouncing around in those SUV's or our beautiful nations dependance on fossil fuels that are fueling this warming earth. My prognosis is that the summer ocean went so warm its making a barrier that is pushing southern winds north rather than east. I thank the jet stream.

• Last visit to Montauk: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2006

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Yes, it's those suburbanites in their SUVs. The ironic thing is that when the Gulf Stream shuts down Europe is going to get much colder – as a by-product of global warming!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2006 at 4:21 PM

Agreed. Like to share the beach with birds...One of these days I'm going to do Long Island.

• Jul 18, 2005 at 12:13 PM

i'm submitting that photo straight to GQ. Think it will make cover?

chodearm

“Put me elsewhere.”

Badges & Stats in Montauk

Have you been to Montauk?

Latest Activity in Montauk