"Camping in the Catskills while Blackout of 2003" Catskill State Park by chodearm

Catskill State Park Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 30 photos

The Blackout

I'm just about to leave the office. I am holding the pull down menu to shut the Apple G4 down for the night, when suddenly it does it for me. More over than just the computer the whole office shutdown. To the hallways I voyage and than relize the whole building is out. Guided by the cell phones LCD screen light I endeavor to take the stairs, being that the elevators have been rendered useless. Descending 10 stories to street level I open up into the light of the outside. Everyone is milling around.

"What happened?'

"I heard their out all over the city."

"From Canada to South Cacalaka."

Its become routine, time to evacuate the city in masse. I luckily reched Yuki via cell and partook on the hour and a half stroll over the Williamsburg Bridge. Sitting and baking in an unaircondiitioned apartment in boiling conditions surmounted to Yukijohn staying in a bath full of water for hours on end.

Tomorrow we are going to the mountains to leave this heatbox behind. 27 in otal did the same, and added up to be an unforgettable journey into the woods. We escaped the Blackout!

We ended up near Ellenville NY. A friend remembered a primitive camping sit. Primitive equals dig a whole, poopy in a hole, bury like a dog. Also there is haardly anyone in sight.

Water Holes

Through thorough web research we found different water holes in the area and injected our bodies into their loose openings.

• Last visit to Catskill State Park: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2004

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 7:16 AM

Lou and I spent last Sunday in the Catskills. We ate at a cheese and antiques resturant, found ourselves in the middle of a gay pride parade, saw the tallest waterfall in NY state, and I fell down a mountain. Quite a day!

chodearm

“Put me elsewhere.”

Badges & Stats in Catskill State Park

Have you been to Catskill State Park?

Latest Activity in Catskill State Park