"Brooknam" Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn by chodearm
Brooklyn Travel Guide: 357 reviews and 752 photos
Brooklyn is my home base at this time. I come back to it almost every night and leave it almost every morning. If your looking for specific coordinates I am living in Greenpoint. I tend to stay close to the East river with occassional trips further into the boro with such neighborhoods as Park Slope and Carrol Gardens. Brooklyn has a tough name but I find it to have its pockets of filth and its buckets of wealth and culture.
Theres much to be had here. World class museums, beautiful parks, stunning views of Manhattan and a hip culture uprising. I prize my time spent here and think of it as the now. But I'm sure as the rents sky rocket, I will be moving on.
This photo was taken out my living room window, so this is what lyes across the street from my apartment. I never put two and two together, for the longest I thought the red and white flag was a left over from the popularity of Tommy Hilfiger clothing. Now the style has moved the way of the civil war so I looked at it as a distant past. Greenpoint is 85 percent Polish, thats Polands colors.
-Williamsburg, the whole neighborhood
-Fulton Ferry Park, Dumbo
-Smith Street, Carrol Gardens
-Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
- Pros:At the forefront of art and culture
- Cons:Can be dodgey
- In a nutshell:Hipster Essential
Yeah, I know its dark, but this is the lighting in true form. The hushed atmosphere is one of DOC's best features beyond... more travel advice
chodearm's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 26 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 90 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mishima Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Watkins Glen State Park Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Culebra Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos