"Brooknam" Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn by chodearm

Brooklyn Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 752 photos

Living in the Hood

Brooklyn is my home base at this time. I come back to it almost every night and leave it almost every morning. If your looking for specific coordinates I am living in Greenpoint. I tend to stay close to the East river with occassional trips further into the boro with such neighborhoods as Park Slope and Carrol Gardens. Brooklyn has a tough name but I find it to have its pockets of filth and its buckets of wealth and culture.

Theres much to be had here. World class museums, beautiful parks, stunning views of Manhattan and a hip culture uprising. I prize my time spent here and think of it as the now. But I'm sure as the rents sky rocket, I will be moving on.

This photo was taken out my living room window, so this is what lyes across the street from my apartment. I never put two and two together, for the longest I thought the red and white flag was a left over from the popularity of Tommy Hilfiger clothing. Now the style has moved the way of the civil war so I looked at it as a distant past. Greenpoint is 85 percent Polish, thats Polands colors.

Top 5 spots in the Boro

-Williamsburg, the whole neighborhood
-Prospect Park
-Fulton Ferry Park, Dumbo
-Smith Street, Carrol Gardens
-Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

• Pros:At the forefront of art and culture
  • Cons:Can be dodgey
  • In a nutshell:Hipster Essential
  • Last visit to Brooklyn: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 23, 2004

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 9:42 AM

Another fine page with vivid descriptions. I’ve only been to Brooklyn once (it was a long way to go on the subway just for a date), but must return and be on the lookout for Street Art next time. (Can’t miss it, I suppose.)

• Sep 23, 2004 at 2:04 AM

Hey Johnny. Great page on Brooklyn here. Some really nice tips n pics here. I really liked your Must See tips. Thanks for comments on my Dubai page. Yeah they have got some superb hotels there. Greetings from Islamabad ~ Najam...

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 5:09 AM

So there is stuff to see in Brooklyn...When I lived there as a kid, I never appreciated it.

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 6:46 AM

I should really visit Brooklyn more often. I just really hate driving here! I always seem to get hopelessly lost. You've just reminded me of what I miss out on when avoiding frustrating driving scenarios...

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2004 at 11:16 AM

Great page! Didn't make it to Brooklyn.........maybe next visit.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 8:08 AM

This is good stuff too!! But you do need to see the southern part of the borough--I'm glad you stopped by my page:) Thanks!

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 6:29 AM

nice pix

chodearm Lives Here!

chodearm

“Put me elsewhere.”

Badges & Stats in Brooklyn

Have you been to Brooklyn?

Latest Activity in Brooklyn