"One of two Spanish Virgin Islands" Culebra by chodearm
Culebra Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 102 photos
Culebra was just a slight mention in travels books. You hear about the army's presence, you hear about Flamenco Beach and its claim as second best beach in the world, and you hear that its closer to the Virgin Islands and is known as a Spanish Virgin Island. It seems that the mute nature people go about speaking of Culebra is to keep it as a secret place tucked away somewhere out there in the Caribbean. It seems that those who have had the luck of staying there may not want to share this slice of true paradise.
If you can stomach the ferry chaos in Farjardo you will be rewarded with something very different from the mainland. You will feel completely safe, you will feel the presence of the Carribean and you will be over-joyed that there are places in the world like this that still exist.
Culebra is only approximately 4miles by 7miles. So easily explorable by moped. Don't bring your car here and contribute to ruining something so precious. People come for the amazing snorkeling and for the beaches that define paradise.
This was my first real introduction to what lyes below the surface of Carribean Waters. I now understand the want to go deeper to see further. From the top looking down I would see something interesting, take a large breath and hurridly swim to the object, spend a second or two with it, than the salt content would spit me back to the top. Tiring. But I miss the underworld.
I love how this is not taken from standing inside a building looking at the water. That is what I look for in a beach,... more travel advice
chodearm's Related Pages
Culebra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of two Spanish Virgin Islands"
- "The Spanish Virgin Island"
- "Culebra - Paradise in Puerto Rico!"
- "pepperyparro's new Culebra Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Culebra
- Hotels in Culebra
- Transportation in Culebra
- Restaurants in Culebra
- Shopping in Culebra
- Warnings and Dangers in Culebra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Culebra
- 22 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Culebra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Culebra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 90 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mishima Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Watkins Glen State Park Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Culebra Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos