"It's no Chinatown" Hong Kong by chodearm

Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,370 reviews and 20,332 photos

I envisioned streets resembling those that lay near Canal Street in Lower Manhattan. Liquid covered asphalt with shards of fish guts grouping against the curb. Smells of dried fish and faces of disgust. Instead I relished in the modernity this city sports. Excercised my liver everynight until 6-7am and came back with a lingering want for more. I did go on business but ended up staying up pretty much the whole time so I got equal play time. 1 long, long day with 3 hour naps sporatically placed. The lack of closed eye time makes everything seem surreal in a city where life already seems surreal to me. This is the story of a GUILO in a city I am happy didn't resemble NY's Chinatown.

Trip 2

I was only home for a month and a half and I was back to HK for work. Though I just recovered from the jet-lag from the last trip I was easily excepting another mission. I have a love for Hong Kong that is growing stronger each visit. I delved deeper this time, further down alleys and further off the beaten track.

Outside of the main

Anyone who has eyed through my pages over the years would know I am a personality who looks for the more obscure. I try to leave the center for the outer reaches, and all though my first visit to HK kept me close to Central and Kowloon, it was this second trip that allowed me more discovery outside and further from the white faces.

• Last visit to Hong Kong: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 4, 2006

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2007 at 6:55 AM

Sorry to be blunt, but this page is poorly written.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Nice pictures, looking forward to your comments. Mariana

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 3:23 PM

Great start on your new Hong Kong page. Looking forward to reading more. My first and only visit to Hong Kong was on R&R 41 years ago, but it was no NY Chinatown even then.

chodearm

“Put me elsewhere.”

Badges & Stats in Hong Kong

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Latest Activity in Hong Kong