"The Head of the Romantique Strasse" Würzburg by chodearm
Würzburg Travel Guide: 384 reviews and 1,277 photos
Departing Kaub wasn't easy, I developed a "thing" for that place in the short time I visited. We packed the car, and sat idling at the front gate figiting with the I-Pod, trying to get a radio station to send the I-Trip signal through. This is the beginning to our brief altercations with the Audi A6's sound system. With German languange manuals in the glove compartment we were at a loss of understanding this console panned out in front of us. Yuki inhabits shotgun, and I am the designated driver. She tends to be more friendly with electronics, whereas frustration plows me over quickly. The language barrier wasn't helping though, we NEED music to help us build up this atmosphere even moreso. Yuki was determined to get this in working order, we stopped some passerby's to translate the gibberish blurred across the Operation Manual pages. With pointing and motioning we tried to explain what we were looking to execute. Their lack of English and our lack of German butt heads and didn't heed any accomplishments. Yuki turned dials, pushed button and tuned in to a station that would receive the I-Trip signal, there it went, all our music playing through the Bose speakers of this beautiful German engineering.
Following a parrallel path along the river I pointed the front end towards the Autobahn. To this point the Autobahn was filtered in myth from my days as a elementary stundent. I recall kids telling me you can drive as fast as you desire and the turns are banked. The first myth proved true, I was driving 120 mph. Frightened but exhilerated I kept my acceleration peak aroun that mark on the speedometer. People were passing me with far greater speeds. German drivers care about rules and would only use the left lane for passing, in America the passing lane is just looked at as the fast lane, people sometimes stay in it for a whole drive. The drive was a little under two hours pressed in high speeds over smooth surfaces.
Wurzburg was stop one for the Bavarian crossing we were to embark on. Situated at the top of the Romantiche Strasse it made complete sense to harbor our souls for a night. After checking into a hotel recommended by the visitor center we settled our bags into a room and hurried ourselves into this citys passages and streets.
chodearm's Related Pages
Würzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Würzburg: the home of Tiepolo's masterpieces"
- "Würzburg: Bishops, Professors and Bocksbeutel"
- "Opera and cycling in Würzburg"
- "Wurzburg - Historic Town On The Main River"
- "Wurzburg and it's magnificent Residence"
- "The Head of the Romantique Strasse"
- "Wuerzburg for wine........"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Würzburg
- Hotels in Würzburg
- Transportation in Würzburg
- Nightlife in Würzburg
- Restaurants in Würzburg
- Shopping in Würzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Würzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Würzburg
- 22 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Würzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Würzburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 90 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mishima Intro, 27 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Watkins Glen State Park Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Culebra Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos