"The Head of the Romantique Strasse" Würzburg by chodearm

Würzburg Travel Guide: 384 reviews and 1,277 photos

Departing Kaub wasn't easy, I developed a "thing" for that place in the short time I visited. We packed the car, and sat idling at the front gate figiting with the I-Pod, trying to get a radio station to send the I-Trip signal through. This is the beginning to our brief altercations with the Audi A6's sound system. With German languange manuals in the glove compartment we were at a loss of understanding this console panned out in front of us. Yuki inhabits shotgun, and I am the designated driver. She tends to be more friendly with electronics, whereas frustration plows me over quickly. The language barrier wasn't helping though, we NEED music to help us build up this atmosphere even moreso. Yuki was determined to get this in working order, we stopped some passerby's to translate the gibberish blurred across the Operation Manual pages. With pointing and motioning we tried to explain what we were looking to execute. Their lack of English and our lack of German butt heads and didn't heed any accomplishments. Yuki turned dials, pushed button and tuned in to a station that would receive the I-Trip signal, there it went, all our music playing through the Bose speakers of this beautiful German engineering.
Following a parrallel path along the river I pointed the front end towards the Autobahn. To this point the Autobahn was filtered in myth from my days as a elementary stundent. I recall kids telling me you can drive as fast as you desire and the turns are banked. The first myth proved true, I was driving 120 mph. Frightened but exhilerated I kept my acceleration peak aroun that mark on the speedometer. People were passing me with far greater speeds. German drivers care about rules and would only use the left lane for passing, in America the passing lane is just looked at as the fast lane, people sometimes stay in it for a whole drive. The drive was a little under two hours pressed in high speeds over smooth surfaces.

Wurzburg was stop one for the Bavarian crossing we were to embark on. Situated at the top of the Romantiche Strasse it made complete sense to harbor our souls for a night. After checking into a hotel recommended by the visitor center we settled our bags into a room and hurried ourselves into this citys passages and streets.

TO FOLLOW THE GERMANY ROMANTIQUE STRASSE TRIP CHRONOLOGICALLY CLICK HERE

• Last visit to Würzburg: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2006 at 9:09 PM

Amazing photo of the vineyard route!

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2006 at 4:48 PM

Very drole, mixed with some interesting observations :-)

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Wow. Your tips and photos are full of surprises, pleasantly off-kilter, and always striking. I'll be back.

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 7:47 AM

Great Wuerburg page, it is an enchanting little town, one of the nicest in Germany!

• Dec 12, 2004 at 4:45 AM

what a shot (at the bar)! I'm not quite sure what you're doing there, but you sure do strike a pose Johnny.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 8:44 AM

Doesn’t sound “limp-wristed” to me (whatever that means). Nice comparison of gutter systems on three continents. Fine new texts and photos on this page since the last time I was here.

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2004 at 11:29 AM

I am loving the Germany pages. I really want to go there now...

chodearm

“Put me elsewhere.”

Badges & Stats in Würzburg

Have you been to Würzburg?

Latest Activity in Würzburg