"ZURICH OR DAVOS?" Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich by Toyin

Zürich Travel Guide: 1,927 reviews and 5,750 photos

DAVOS- THE HIGHEST CITY IN EUROPE

When I left Paris for Zurich, I know that I will only be transiting, and that the objective area would be Davos, a delightful but diverse holiday, sport, congress, health, reserch and culture resort rolled into one. I must say, though, that I have better logistics, and supports that is unprecedented for this trip. Also, I had very little sleep so as to bring to VT a presentation that would be attractive to would be visitors. When a VT friend asked me “How is Davos” I said, "It is perhaps the most beautiful place on Earth". This statement is open to lots of debate, but in winter, Newport; Rhode Island in USA used to be my favourite town. However all this perception changed in Davos. Welcome to a paradise of snow, welcome to Davos.

Davos Klosters Mountains

A paradise for snow sport fans. The two well known winter – Ski resorts Davos and Klosters consist of 5 mountains forming one big snow sport region. These winter-sport areas are situated between 1124 and 2844 meters above sea level and offer more than 300km of prepared pistes of all grades of difficulty. Davos offers you the perfect situation for an active vacation in a wonderful landscape.

Ski-Pistes

Already 49 times, the parliamentariens of Switzerland and Great Britain meet in Davos for their Ski week. Parsenn (Davos & Klosters), Jakobshorn, Rinerhorn, Pischa and Madrisa. All grades of pistes, long descents of 12km, friendly, family areas, floodlit sledge run and ski-pistes, modern transport and a uniform price structure makes Davos a suitable region for sport fan. Year after year, Davos is scene of the international competition and world cup races on speed skating. Davos has still one of the fastest open air ice-fields of the world. Davos has remain Europes largest natural ice rink!

• Pros:Delightfully Diverse
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:Most beautiful place on Earth
  • Last visit to Zürich: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2005

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM

HI Toyin, I printed out your tips for Zurich read them on the plane over to Zurich and Vienna and found them very useful thanks for taking the time to post them.

• Sep 29, 2006 at 12:43 PM

Lovely page! and nice pictures. Nikos

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 1:22 AM

Your Davos pics are beautiful. It's a shame that I've never visited it during my frequent trips to Switzerland.

• Jan 12, 2006 at 1:07 PM

Beautiful pictures of Davos! I am going there in the spring and am very excited. Great pages and tips!!

• pabertra's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 3:48 PM

I loved the picture of the snow covered road lined by pine trees. that would have been one enjoyable car ride! ~Paige

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 7:51 AM

I am happy to see pictures of Z and D in the winter with snow! I only went there in the summer. Great page!

• mirjana51's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 3:08 AM

Oh , today !!?? Busy , but lazy my DEAR friend :))) Warmest regards :)

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 5:48 AM

lovely to see Davos in Winter, I habe hiked here only in summer...but why not have this as Davos page instead of Zurich?

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 4:44 AM

Wonderful winter landscapes! Davos sounds great! I am not into skying, but I do love the snow!!! Hahaha, although right now I do prefer some summer weather :-))) Have a wonderful weekend Toyin!

• erendilight's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2005 at 12:07 AM

tunnel photo is amazing... you have a good eye..

Toyin