"ZURICH OR DAVOS?" Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich by Toyin
Zürich Travel Guide: 1,898 reviews and 5,722 photos
When I left Paris for Zurich, I know that I will only be transiting, and that the objective area would be Davos, a delightful but diverse holiday, sport, congress, health, reserch and culture resort rolled into one. I must say, though, that I have better logistics, and supports that is unprecedented for this trip. Also, I had very little sleep so as to bring to VT a presentation that would be attractive to would be visitors. When a VT friend asked me “How is Davos” I said, "It is perhaps the most beautiful place on Earth". This statement is open to lots of debate, but in winter, Newport; Rhode Island in USA used to be my favourite town. However all this perception changed in Davos. Welcome to a paradise of snow, welcome to Davos.
A paradise for snow sport fans. The two well known winter – Ski resorts Davos and Klosters consist of 5 mountains forming one big snow sport region. These winter-sport areas are situated between 1124 and 2844 meters above sea level and offer more than 300km of prepared pistes of all grades of difficulty. Davos offers you the perfect situation for an active vacation in a wonderful landscape.
Already 49 times, the parliamentariens of Switzerland and Great Britain meet in Davos for their Ski week. Parsenn (Davos & Klosters), Jakobshorn, Rinerhorn, Pischa and Madrisa. All grades of pistes, long descents of 12km, friendly, family areas, floodlit sledge run and ski-pistes, modern transport and a uniform price structure makes Davos a suitable region for sport fan. Year after year, Davos is scene of the international competition and world cup races on speed skating. Davos has still one of the fastest open air ice-fields of the world. Davos has remain Europes largest natural ice rink!
- Pros:Delightfully Diverse
- In a nutshell:Most beautiful place on Earth
This picture was taken at the Zurich Airport on arrival. I did a lot of shopping here for friends and this is where I... more travel advice
What is clearly evedent in Zurich is that for first timer, you can hardly miss your direction with a map. The roads are... more travel advice
- See All Discover the beauty of nature
- See All Rail Accident?
- See All Swiss Breakfast Special.
Toyin's Related Pages
Zürich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Zürich - my hometown"
- "My Züri Page"
- "Zurich - Metropolis between lakes and mountains"
- "The world's capital of understatement"
- "ZURICH OR DAVOS?"
- "Opera and cycling in Zürich"
- "Miär liäbed Züri... - We love Zurich"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zürich
- Hotels in Zürich
- Transportation in Zürich
- Nightlife in Zürich
- Restaurants in Zürich
- Shopping in Zürich
- Warnings and Dangers in Zürich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zürich
- 55 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Zürich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zürich
Photos in ZürichSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nigeria Intro, 66 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 52 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 55 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brest Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 30 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues