"BRUGES" Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge by Toyin

Brugge Travel Guide: 2,687 reviews and 7,161 photos

Discover Bruges on Foot - Love in the air

Walking is the best way to discover Bruges. The city is rather small you can easily walk across it in half an hour. Its also a romantic city. My must see page would show a little bridge on which, if you meet an opposite sex on it, you must end up marrying each other. I love that bridge!

Festivity in Bruge-Love at first Sight

I was lucky to run into this procession, Bruges is full of them. The atmosphere is electrifying, as the passion demonstrated by the participants was very infectious. Each time I look at this picture, I could still hear the loud music as they dance.

Greek Gods Visiting Bruges

In my must see, you will see the Group of Statues at 't Zand Fountains. Bruges is full of similar statues and I guess its about the most decorated city in Europe. In this picture, is a work of art by Jef Claerhout from Damme! It is the art of work depicting the Greek gods visiting Bruges.

• Pros:Lovely, but romantic
  • Cons:Don't know of Any
  • In a nutshell:Full of Rommance
  • Last visit to Brugge: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 15, 2005

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 3:20 AM

Lovely photos. Spent a few days in Brugge last year. Your pics reminded me of just what a lovely town it is an of all the places I didn't manage to get to :) Thanks.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Lovely page, Toyin. You captured the soul of this romantic city ! Next saturday I am invited for a wedding party in Brugge.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2007 at 11:22 PM

What a lovely page. So much chocolate, but so little time! ;-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 9:50 AM

I hope to visit this pretty town one day. Thanks for introducing it to me!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2006 at 1:29 PM

your page has made me want to hurry back there soon

• BarryAir's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 12:21 PM

Have you read Bruges La Morte by Georges Rodenbach? I found his gravesite in Paris and was really intreagued by that. Barry in Louisiana

• Oct 16, 2005 at 1:48 PM

Great page Toyin! I really enjoyed my visit here. Your restaurant tips are making me hungry! :)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 5:39 AM

G'day Toyin. Hey I love those pix on the Lake of Love!! And that gorgeous bridge pic looks just like Venice!! How sweet :o) Cheers, Ann :o)

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2005 at 1:51 AM

Chocolateeeee! Yummyyyy!!! :-)) Great page Toyin! I really loved Brugge and hope to visit again some day! Wonderful to see all hose fountain photos on your page! I remember those fountains well, so beautiful!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 5:24 AM

Great writings and info, amazing pictures and, indeed, wonderful old city with an atmosphere, maybe a little bit over-crowded though. A must see for me. Keep up great job and passion to VT, please! See you in Verona!

Toyin