Lisbon Transportation Tips by Toyin
Lisbon Transportation: 515 reviews and 668 photos
There are also train into Lisbon from most part of Europe. The picture was taken in the night and not very visible, but in the picture is actually a train comming into Lisbon from one of the neighbouring countries. So, tourist can also check for availability of train into Lisbon from the web.
Tram - Lisbon
This is another of those trams. This one was captured just around my hotel. As I say, moving around Lisbon is very easy and affordable.
Tram 28 is not to be missed, as they are more acceptable to the very old. However, there are the new and fanciful ones like the one in this picture. Though, I did not take any of these, they look wonderful and available to explore the city.
Bus Transport in Lisbon
Moving around Lisbon is actually very easy and cheap with the Buses. There are so many buses and they run smooth and great. It is actually not very necessary to prends le Taxi if you have the towns map and know how to ask questions. Most of the people also speak and understand English. So, save your money and take the buses instead of Taxi. But, if you are handsome and rich..especially if you are trying to impress your new catch..the taxi is good.
I had the furtune of having the official car throught my stay in Lisbon. And with a driver that was born in Lisbon. He was a fantastic guide. He knows where to go and when. This made my stay very wonderful. We also ventured across the border into Span as you could see in this picture.
Type: Car/Motor Home
All the taxis in Lisbon are painted like this, so, it is easy for tourists to identify them and not run into dangers. They are save and very affordable. But, its good to have a very good idea of where you are going in order not to give the impression to the taxi driver that you are a complete JJC. That could cost you extra Euro.
Type: Car/Motor Home
I have done Barcelona from Paris by bus,..and as I was doing a tour of this city, I saw buses like this from all over europe bringing in tourist. So, you can travel by bus to Lisbon as well. Recollecting my experience of Paris to Barcelona, I will recommend Bus trip to most single travellers. Who knows, you may meet another soul mate! lol.
More Reviews (51)
Toyin's Related Pages
Lisbon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Lisbon"
- "My home town"
- "Lisbon, Portugal"
- "Ahh, LISBON....Esta tao bonita como sempre."
- "saudades de Lisboa"
- "Lisboa the Capital of Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisbon
- Hotels in Lisbon
- Transportation in Lisbon
- Nightlife in Lisbon
- Restaurants in Lisbon
- Shopping in Lisbon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisbon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisbon
- 59 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Lisbon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisbon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nigeria Intro, 66 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 52 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 55 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brest Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 30 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (68)
- Churches and monasteries- 227 Reviews, 448 Photos
- Belém- 297 Reviews, 605 Photos
- Plazas and squares- 175 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Castles and palaces- 143 Reviews, 311 Photos
- Day trips: Sintra, Cascais, Estoril...- 91 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Lisbon neighborhoods- 159 Reviews, 303 Photos
- Grand structures and architecture- 187 Reviews, 315 Photos
- Museums and cultural centers- 161 Reviews, 399 Photos
- Elevadores- 89 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Parks and the Zoo- 100 Reviews, 190 Photos
See All Lisbon Things to Do