"BREST" Top 5 Page for this destination Brest by Toyin

Brest Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 369 photos

Brest

I actually went back to Brest after tasting this area for the first time early December 2004. I had ealier visited this beautiful town by air, and I wasn't satisfied. So, I did it again by road. This second journey, give me a pleasure that is difficult to erase from my memory.

It takes about 5hrs 30 minutes to drive from Paris to Brest.

Brest .

This picture was taken during my first trip, I have always wanted to be here. However, when the opportunity came, it was unexpected.. I was here this time, not as a tourist, but in official capacity. Thus, I did not really put my foot on the ground.

Cesson town.

On my second trip, I had no plans originally to visit Cesson. However, when I ran out of Gas on my way back, I had to leave the N12 highway and branch to the nearest town as the car was flickring red.

So, I was in Cesson by providence, and, it was a beauty. This town is about half way between Paris and Brest.

• Pros:Bretagne is a place to live.
  • Cons:Nothing to report.
  • In a nutshell:Beauty
  • Last visit to Brest: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 4:03 AM

We like travelling by private car too, get to see much more. Love the old windmill and the seaside!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Very nice page you are sharing here with us ;-)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM

The scenery looks attractive and steeped in culture of the foreigners who rooted here. Great presentation

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 4:31 AM

Hi Toyin - i love France and i love driving around France - I agree its the best way to see the country!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 10:20 AM

I have never been to Brittany so far, but hopefully one day I will!

• ivanab's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2006 at 7:18 AM

Really nice page on Brest...hope to see it myself one day too...

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2005 at 10:56 AM

Brest always makes me think of Jacques Prévert and his beautiful Barbara: "Rappelle-toi Barbara, Il pleuvait sans cesse sur Brest ce jour-là, Et tu marchais souriante, Épanouie ravie ruisselante, Sous la pluie....."

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 4:09 PM

You had great trip around Bretagne. Seafood, windmills, coastline, boat trips... well, I would only like to see more sun and less rains there!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 3:01 PM

Great trip! The food pictures all look excellent! Fresh seafood always goes down well in my book! Very nice page!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 4:42 AM

St Brieuc sounds delightful. That ice cream would have been my meal! I'm impressed you were up at sunrise... so worthwhile. Wonderful to explore by car.. thank you for the tour. I would love the boat cruise.

Toyin