"PAU" Top 5 Page for this destination Pau by Toyin

Pau Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 852 photos

Pau..

Around the town, you can see buildings whose cobble and brick facades hark back to the days when artisans built noble people's residences with materials dragged from the river Gave.

Pau..

From medieval charm to the splendour of the renaissance, from the legaies of the Romantics to the first tourists who made PAU an english city, you can see all around this city traces of a glorious and eventful history.

Pau...

Again, I was in PAU, not really as a tourist, but on official duty. This is the private wing of the only airport in PAU. Going through the shortest route by road, it took me about 8 hrs to transit from Paris to PAU. And as usual, I took Friday and Saturday off to bring pictures to my Friends on VT!

• Pros:Nice quiet town
  • Cons:expensive, except the hotel.
  • In a nutshell:Radiant
  • Last visit to Pau: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 31, 2005

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Do you know what PAU means in Hawaiian?! Means: Finished / Done / Over.... and so am I for now, dear one! HUGS!

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2006 at 2:49 PM

Interesting tips. I am curious to know whta you were doing in a milk parlour :-)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Hiya Toyin. Really enjoyed your pages as usual :o) Think I might visit this place on the way through just to savour that yummy African food and might even get my hair braided too!! Thanks for sharing!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• birchy99's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for the pix and tips on Pau. Seems to be a very interesting place. Am armchair traveling in Pau this week. Mart

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 5:47 PM

Thanks for LA SANAGA - Spécialitiés Camerounaises tip. I've eaten in African (Nigerian) restaurant only once (in Krakow, Poland) ---> I am not sure what's African food.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 11:50 PM

Nice page. Now I remember I've been here too a long time ago.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 5:37 AM

I really liked your discription of the milk factories. As always delicious looking food pictures. Glad you enjoyed your night out at the club.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 5:08 AM

Nice new page here. You seem to make the most of your business trips :)

• Maillekeukeul's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 1:01 AM

Total visit, mmm, I see... Aren't you the guy who blamed french pollution, sir ? ;-D Hope you're OK.... Nice pics on this page...

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 1:04 PM

Love the new travelogues! Official business indeed, looks like you had a great time! (~_-) Nice photo of the chateau, I would like to return & explore more. Lovely page my dear!

Toyin