"PAU" Top 5 Page for this destination Pau by Toyin
Pau Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 852 photos
Around the town, you can see buildings whose cobble and brick facades hark back to the days when artisans built noble people's residences with materials dragged from the river Gave.
From medieval charm to the splendour of the renaissance, from the legaies of the Romantics to the first tourists who made PAU an english city, you can see all around this city traces of a glorious and eventful history.
Again, I was in PAU, not really as a tourist, but on official duty. This is the private wing of the only airport in PAU. Going through the shortest route by road, it took me about 8 hrs to transit from Paris to PAU. And as usual, I took Friday and Saturday off to bring pictures to my Friends on VT!
- Pros:Nice quiet town
- Cons:expensive, except the hotel.
- In a nutshell:Radiant
PAU is the home to the formost tecnical and scientific centre for the oil industry in France. It is surrounded by the... more travel advice
BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW OUR WAY AROUND THE FIRST DAY, THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES WERE VERY KIND TO GIVE US A DRIVER AND THIS... more travel advice
Toyin's Related Pages
Pau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pyrénées, Henri IV, the city: all this is Pau!"
- "Capital de Béarn"
- "A Quiet City Now A University Town"
- "Pau ~ as in 'Go'"
- "Lakes on a day hike near the Pic du Midi d’Ossau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pau
- Hotels in Pau
- Transportation in Pau
- Nightlife in Pau
- Restaurants in Pau
- Shopping in Pau
- Warnings and Dangers in Pau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pau
- 18 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Pau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nigeria Intro, 66 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brugge Intro, 52 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 55 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brest Intro, 34 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 30 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pau Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bretagne Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues