"Grand Haven" Grand Haven by Newter

Grand Haven Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 59 photos

I didn't grow up here for the majority of my life. However, I moved to Grand Haven about four years ago. I wanted a more laid back setting and to, sort of, distance myself from the town I work in (Grand Rapids). If you ever have the opportunity to visit Grand Haven, do so in the summer time, preferably between July and September. The beach, especially at the Grand Haven state park, usually produces thousands of good looking people, most of which, have an open mind for fun. The boats (Grand Haven is Coast Gaurd USA) that float through this neck of the woods aren't your typical bass boats. Most of the boats that run around Lake Michigan during the summer are more like two story houses on water (usually with a chef on board). Just to witness the wild amount of wealth in this area of Michigan during the summer months is amazing. From the cars to the boats to the clothes, to a four hundred dollar sweater with a "Grand Haven" logo printed on it (from one of the inexpensive gift stores in Grand Haven), we've got it all. I must admit, as a full time resident, the tourists get to be much. But it sure beats the winter, because anywhere between 1/2" to 12" of snow can drop in a night's notice. In the summer, bring your boat. In the winter, bring seven layers of clothes, a snowmobile & a good cell phone.

• Pros:The beach, the boats, lake michigan, spring lake, coast guard festival & decent bar life.
  • Cons:No beer or wine on sundays, county ordinance. The lake shore produces a vaste amount of Christain reforms who neither drink or work on sunday. I like to mow my lawn on sunday, while drinking beer at the same time, just to *** them off.
  • In a nutshell:It's either a beach day or a snow day, there is no inbetween. Welcome to Grand Haven.
  • Intro Updated Apr 15, 2004

Comments

Newter

“You only live once, drive fast!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Grand Haven

Have you been to Grand Haven?

Latest Activity in Grand Haven