"Made in Solingen" Solingen by sjazeerah
Solingen Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 30 photos
Japan, Hongkong or have you still got some 'Made in Solingen'?
Solingen has been famous for handicraft but of course it has more to offer:
like the old medivial castle from the 11th century on top of a hill
to reach by bus, car or most fun but a little scary by ROPE RAILWAY
The tree on the left is a Linde and about 250 years old
On the ground of the left castle tower was the JAIL:
How to get there once you were sentenced to jail?
LOWER PRISONERS were thrown downstairs (I assessed about 4 - 5m) resulting in all kinds of fractures.
FIRST CLASS prisoners like the bishop of Cologne were taken downstairs in a wooden cage.
Accomodation and Catering was equal for all:
hay to sit and sleep on,
bread and water to eat and drink. I wonder whether they used the water for washing, too.
Black slate is a common kind of stone in the area of Solingen called Bergisches Land.
That's why the people made plates of slate to slate their houses afterwards.
- Pros:excellent quality of their handicrafts
- In a nutshell:worth visiting
This painting in the ballroom of Schloss Burg illustrates a political marriage to unify six lands at that time (15th... more travel advice
sjazeerah's Related Pages
Solingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Solingen und Schloss Burg Castle"
- "Made in Solingen"
- "Andre_Papa's new Solingen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Solingen
- Hotels in Solingen
- Transportation in Solingen
- Restaurants in Solingen
- Shopping in Solingen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Solingen
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Solingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Solingen
Photos in SolingenSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Düsseldorf Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riyadh Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Al `Ula Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Solingen Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Corleone Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Medina Intro, 3 photos
- Sitges Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mintaqat Ha'il Intro, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 2 photos