Al `Ula Hotel Tips by sjazeerah
Al `Ula Hotels: 7 reviews and 15 photos
pool restricted for women acc. to Saudi law
Unforgotten, I did the trip twice and do not regret any Rial I spent.
The hotel provides three kinds of accomodation:
1. hotel rooms, nicely equipped in the style of Madain Saleh with balconies and a gorgeous view overlooking Al Ula, see photo of next tip
2. desert tents outside the hotel buildung, see also photo
3. desert tents on the hotel's camp out side, you will feel like Lawrence of Arabia in the old colonial times
I spent 1600SR for single room accomodation which includes as follows:
- flights ex Riyadh to Ha'il and back ex Medina to Riyadh
- two nights stay in hotel room and desert tent on camp out site
- full board
- pick up from the airport and then 2.5 days full escort by the best tourist guides I have ever met
- permission to go to the antique and fenced site of Mada'in Saleh
- I saw everthing from Ha'il down to Medina
You can also come on your own booking accomodation and guide escort only. Adress to the Hotel or get their brochure from travel agents.
Unique Qualities: The pool is restricted for women according to Saudi law. At least, only children are using it.
Great view from your hotel room overlooking Al Ula and the mountains. Gorgeous dawn and sunset.
No Abaya required in Hotel area. Hotel is nowadays specialised on Westerners and a few expatriate Arabs.
The hotel food in form of a buffet is various, the taste is not according to a first class hotel. But I noticed the same average quality even in good hotels in Riyadh.
When ordering drinks do not expect too much knowledge of the waiter. I drank only water and the drinks provided on the buffet and was not annoyed. But if you want a cherry beer - mushkilah.
Staff is very friendly. I felt very comfortable on both trips.
Address: ARAC Hotel, P.O. Box 297, Al Ula
Directions: Even before approaching the town of Al Ula you will see signs of the Hotel. No way to miss the hotel site. And Al Ula is small. Everyone knows the hotel.
Other Contact: Fax 00966 4 884 2515
Phone: 00966 4 884 2888
Mada'in Saleh Hotel's garden
see prevous tip
Unique Qualities: being on my balcony overlooking al Ula
In the front you see the hotel garden incl. sitting area for Saudi female guests
Address: P.O. Box 297, Al Ula, Saudi Arabia
sjazeerah's Related Pages
Al `Ula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "al Ula - العلا"
- "Turkish History and Ancient Ages"
- "Al Ula and Madain Saleh"
- "Al ULA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al `Ula
- Hotels in Al `Ula
- Transportation in Al `Ula
- Restaurants in Al `Ula
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sol Mastines Chihuahuas
- Apartments Oro Playa
- Hotel Times International
- Resolution Hotel
- The Cottage Country House Hotel
- Villa Orange
- Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
- Goldcity Tourism Complex
- Lorien Hotel & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel
- Azul del Mar
- Sea Village Resort
- Juliana Hotel
- LAFONTANA MOTEL
Badges & Stats in Al `Ula
- 4 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Al `Ula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al `Ula
Read real reviews about Al `Ula Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Düsseldorf Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riyadh Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Al `Ula Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos
- Solingen Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Corleone Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Medina Intro, 3 photos
- Sitges Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mintaqat Ha'il Intro, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 2 photos