"A most incredible island!" Top 5 Page for this destination Socotra by SocotraRandy
Socotra Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 273 photos
I came to the island out of curiousity, and stayed because I thought this had to be one of the most incredible places on earth, and after three months here, I still feel the same. Being only one of nine foreigners on the island is a rather interesting experience, and as one of the few foreigners to visit this island, a rather awe inspiring experience. The local people are warm and friendly, the island so unique that there is a strong and concerted effort underway to protect it. Whether or not it succeeds is another question, but I can only hope they succeed.
- Pros:Untouched, unspoiled, unknown, incredibly unique, non-political
- Cons:hard to get to.
- In a nutshell:If you get to choose only one place to visit, pick Socotra!
I can't pick just one thing about this island. But at the top of the list is just to explore it from one end to the... more travel advice
Socotra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Socotra (Yemen) - a strange and blissful island !"
- "Socotra Yemen -- some like it remote"
- "Socotra - A Forgotten Island You Will Never Forget"
- "A most incredible island!"
- "A fairy tale island"
- "Socotra, the amazing island!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Socotra
- Hotels in Socotra
- Transportation in Socotra
- Nightlife in Socotra
- Restaurants in Socotra
- Warnings and Dangers in Socotra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Socotra
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Socotra?Share Your Travels