"Okanagan Valley, British Columbia" paptai's Profile

Having lived on the West Coast of Canada (vancouver) for most of my life, my partner and I decided it was time to "get out of the rut" and moved up to the Okanagan Valley which is about 250 KM from Vancouver.
I used to work in a Travel agency and has seen a fair bit of this wonderful continent...but NEED to see Tons more before they cart me off!!

We live in Penticton which is a small town of about 31,000 people. The area really is a tourist destination in the summer months as we have two lakes in the area. In the winter months the older population heads down to the sunshine and palm trees of California and Arizona and the town is pretty quiet.
We do have our local Ski Hill which is called APEX mountian and there is good skiing there as well as further up the valley. Wineries are plentiful throughout the area as well. Apples, Pears, Peaches, Cherries are also grown here as we have a nice dry climate for fruit trees.

The Ironman Canada Race is one our biggest attractions in Penticton. It is held the last week of August every year and attracts up to 2000 participiants who swim,run, and bikeride over the course of the whole day!!!

Some interesting sites to checkout are:

www.penticton,ca

www.ironman.ca

• Intro Updated May 31, 2004

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
paptai's Profile Photo

paptai

“travel educates and broadens your outlook on life”

Ranked Member