"Kristy Whanarahadja's Journeys" xty's Profile

About Me

I was born in Bandung, the capital city of West Java in Indonesia, and spent most of my childhood there. I love traveling, photography, computer stuffs, technology, football (AC Milan), movie, music, TV, cooking, and food ;)

Bandung is a beautiful city surrounded by volcanoes/mountains and has cool weather (about 17-27 degree Celsius). Although now it's a little warmer due to population, traffic pollution, and development. Connected by all-tollway, now it takes only 1.5 hours drive from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia.

My Journeys

After graduation, I've spent quite some times of my early career stage as an IT professional in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia.

My journey started when I worked in a multinational IT consulting company where I had been assigned for projects around the world. I had spent about one year living and working in Paris, and short times in Dominican Republic. During that time, I took vacations also to surrounding places like Italy (Rome, Milan), Belgium (Brussels), Germany (Aachen, Karlsruhe, Cologne, Frankfurt), Netherlands (Vaals), and France (Annecy).

After few years working back in Jakarta, I had chances to go abroad again to live and work here and there. Moving from one company to another company, from one country to another country.

Had lived in Bahrain, a small country yet modern in the Middle East, and Dubai (United Arab Emirates), the most modern & Westernish part of Middle East. During this time, we took vacation to Italy (Venice, Rome, and Milan) to celebrate our daughter's first birthday.

Had lived in Bangkok, Thailand. It was great and I enjoyed a lot! Great city, cheap prices, closer to my home country Indonesia. During this time, we took vacation to Hong Kong (including Disneyland) and Macao to celebrate our daughter's second birthday.

Current: Too bad that I had to leave Bangkok. I wish I could stay for long time. Now I'm back living and working in Dubai! Love it! ;) Hopefully this will last long. I'm tired of packing and moving around ;) During this time, I have been visiting or assigned to projects in Saudi Arabia (Riyadh), India (Hyderabad, Mumbai), England (London), France (Paris).

Recent Holiday Trips

May 2005: We took 2 weeks vacation to Italy for the second time (Venice, Rome, Milan), to realize one of our wishes to celebrate our daughter's first anniversary in Venice. Her first name, Venesia, was named after Venice/Venezia ;)

Well, coincidently I wanted to realize my other wish to visit NewMilanPoint to buy AC Milan merchandises. I successfully broke 450 Euros :P, but I got my best buy "A football originally signed by all the players"!!!

August 2005: While between switching to new job from Dubai to Bangkok, we took a break and spent 3 weeks in our home country Indonesia. We spent 10 days in Manado (my mother-in-law's home city) and went to Bunaken (second time) and Siladen islands for snorkeling.

November 2005: On company outing trip we spent 3 days in a beach villa in Rayong, Thailand. During that time we went for snorkeling to small islands off shore.

December 2005: We took 2 weeks vacation to Bandung in Indonesia, my home town, for Christmas and New Year holidays.

May 2006: Another chance to celebrate our daughter's second anniversary and fulfill one of our wishes. We took a week vacation to Hong Kong, Disneyland, and Macao.

December 2006: We took 2 weeks vacation to Manado in Indonesia, for Christmas and New Year holidays. Including few days in Bandung, Indonesia.

My Wish List

» Bali & Lombok, Indonesia : Sadly, becoming Indonesian but never visited Bali ;) It's a must!
» Venice, Italy : Celebrating my daughter's first birthday on 8 May 2005. ---> Wish came true! (May 2005)
» Milan, Italy : Didn't get a chance to shop at Milan Point on first visit (Sept 2001) because it was Sunday and closed. As a true Milanista, someday I should go back there! ---> Wish came true! (May 2005)
» Netherlands : Seeing traditional windmill in the country fields, tulips fields/gardens in Keukenhof, canals of Amsterdam, Efteling theme park.
» UK & Ireland : Seeing old-style life & architectures, landscapes, and highlands. ---> Wish partly came true! (June 2007 on business trip. Will go back for holiday)
» Switzerland : Seeing beautiful lakes and mountains, in spring as well as in winter.
» Mt. Bromo & Tengger, East Java, Indonesia : Seeing highland deserts, beautiful mountains and caldera.
» Pangandaran, West Java, Indonesia : Been here many times but still it's my favorite & best beach in West Java. It has all nature's beauty (beaches, forest/national park, animals, shallow coral reefs, caves) in one small peninsula. And don't miss the seafood!
» Hong Kong & China : Most probably going to newly opened Disneyland for my daughter. Seeing great wall & forbidden city, great river/mountain views (in Guilin), and traditional stuffs. ---> Wish partly came true! (May 2006, celebrating our daughter's 2nd anniv - Disneyland, Hong Kong, and Macao)

Copyright Notice

All of the text and photos/images provided in my VT pages are copyrighted and taken/authored by myself (Kristy Whanarahardja), unless specified. No reproduction, transmission, storing, saving, modification, or whatever without written permission from the author.

• Intro Updated Jul 11, 2007

• Rinjani's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 2:40 AM

Mas Kristy, waduuhh terlewatkan tanggal 15 Januari-nya. Happy Belated Birthday ya Mas. More happiness and joy to come ahead

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Happy belated birthday! Best wishes for you and your family in Dubai. Cheers :-)

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Happy Birthday, Kristy! Hope you have a wonderful day!

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• cokes's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Happy Birthday Kristy ,hope you had a lovely day and that you blessed to see many many more. Enjoy!!!

• fachd's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Kristy, selamat ultah

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Have a happy birthday.,You've been travelling around for work a lot but do you really get to see the countries? Dubai is small and nice, but not much to see!

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 10:25 PM

Dubai is very hot, but I love it here!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Your picture looks fine when you click on it and make it bigger. Very adorable little girl you have.

• tranceperent's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 4:05 AM

well i just came back from delhi today...delhi is cooler than bombay. n yummie food too. buzz me next time u r in mumbai

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
xty's Profile Photo

xty

“There's always interesting thing to see and explore”

Real Name