"Prince Rupert and Cow Bay" Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert by WittyName32
Prince Rupert Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 116 photos
I came into Prince Rupert by Greyhound, a 2.5 day trip from Lake County, California, where I was then living. You go through Prince George, which is inland British Columbia, after which is next to nothing but nature for ten hours or so -- just great expanses of some of the most beautiful land you'll ever see. Green, big, with eagles up above and a bear or two on the side of the road. Prince Rupert appears at the end of it all, the last thing before the ocean, popping up like a dream. A real beautiful town, if a little impoverished. I stayed in the Pioneer Hostel, which is the only place to stay in town (another hostel is available, but it's more like a halfway house -- a whole other story, my first night there). You can catch ferries here to the Queen Charlotte Islands to the west and Alaska to the north (the panhandle start just above Prince Rupert) -- but plan ahead. You can go three days at a stretch without a ferry to Alaska, depending on the time of year.
- Pros:Remote; good locally caught seafood in Cow Bay
Has this monument commemorating the city's Scandinavian developers. Much fishing history here. more travel advice
There's some nice First Nation art to see around town, here on the City Hall downtown. more travel advice
WittyName32's Related Pages
Prince Rupert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enjoy the Sites in the Prince Rupert Area"
- "Prince Rupert"
- "Prince Rupert and Cow Bay"
- "Wild West Coast"
- "Where Canada's Wilderness begins"
- "Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Sanctuary"
- "A wander around Prince Rupert's Cow Bay area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prince Rupert
- Hotels in Prince Rupert
- Transportation in Prince Rupert
- Restaurants in Prince Rupert
- Shopping in Prince Rupert
- Warnings and Dangers in Prince Rupert
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prince Rupert
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Prince Rupert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Rupert
Photos in Prince RupertSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Rognan Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mendocino Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Bozeman Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.