"GAMBIA IN SUMMERTIME" riverbaron's Profile
Gambia is a beautiful green country summertime so dont
be afraid of the temperature,just use the right cloathes take a long siesta when the temperature is as highest....and take a swimtour morningtime or late afternoons.
Use cloathes one number bigger then normally and forget
to weare T-shirt they are normally to tight to weare.
Myself is just back from a five weeks journey in Gambia and Senegal and my best memory from that is my trip by our mimibus from Fajara up to Georgetown and back.
Very beautiful with the very fresh green country and
the different type of Villages from compounds in stone and corrugate roofs in the western Division to round mudhouses with grass roofs in the eastern part of Gambia.
Normally theres a tropical rain one or two hours a day
but do like the Gambians use umbrellas.
Dont forget to take your malaria profylax and take some
fluid to wash your sting if you scratch them bleading.
Usefull fluid is drinking water with salt in.
The road from Brikama to Soma is bad but from
Soma and up to Georgetown mutch better.
Drive carefully theres a lot of cattles beside and on the road as farther east you drive.
But enjoy the trip theres big chanses to se Baboons,Varanes,snakes and lovely birds.
Only a trip with the lovely line drawn ferry to Mc Carty Island there you have to draw the line is worth the trip.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- riverbaron and Vitalia are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "The wonderf. countryside of the westpart of Sweden"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The wonderf. countryside of the westpart of Sweden"
- Wrote a Review First of all go upriver,and... in The Gambia Things to Do
- created a The Gambia Travel Page "MY SECOND HOME GAMBIA"
- Commented on one of dedeckerm.'s The Gambia travel pages
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
- Paris Hotels
- 22499 Reviews - 55073 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos