"Glorious cultural of Rajasthan" State of Rajasthan by RAJASTHANBYCAR
State of Rajasthan Travel Guide: 3,297 reviews and 9,877 photos
Rajasthan is the most colorful region in India exhibiting splendor and royalty in every walk of life. It is truly said "a land of valiance and chivalry" which is endowed with invincible forts, magnificent palaces, waves of sand dunes and serene lakes. The state represents an unusual diversity in all of its forms, its people, culture, customs, costumes, cuisine, dialects and rustic music.
The magic of Rajasthan is unequalled in the world for its heritage, culture, safaris, sand dunes and lush green forests with its wildlife. Rajasthan is often expressed as huge open-air museum with relic so well preserved for the travellers and the curious of the day. Rajasthan is a vibrant, exotic state where tradition and royal glory meet in a riot of colors against the vast backdrop of sand and desert. It has an unusual diversity in its entire forms- people, customs, culture, costumes, music, manners, dialects, cuisine and physiography. The land is endowed with invincible forts, magnificent palace havelis, rich culture and heritage, beauty and natural resources. It is a land rich in music, dance, art & craft and adventure, a land that never ceases to intrigue & enchant. There is a haunting air of romance, about the state, which is palpable in its every nook and corner. This abode of kings is one of the most exotic locales for tourist world over. The state has not only survived in all its ethnicity but owes its charisma and color to its enduring traditional way of life.
Rajasthanis are a handsome people with colorful costumes. They express themselves in color and sound not easily seen or heard anywhere else in the country. Rajasthan overwhelms with color found in bustling bazaars, in wide ranging costumes of its people, in streets where elephants and camels vie with buses and cars. The irresistible gamut of art and handicraft souvenirs will bewitch you. An exciting variety of rajasthani delicacies will pamper your palate with a never-before gastronomic delight.So rich is the history of the land that every roadside village has its own tales of valour and sacrifice, the winds sing them and the sands shift to spread them. Rajasthan is spicy, but then, what is life after all without little bit of spice, Rajasthan provides abundant scope to explore it.
The panoramic outlook of the state is simply mesmerizing with lofty hills of Aravali's - one of the oldest mountain ranges of the world and the golden sand dunes of the Great Indian Thar Golden Desert - the only desert of the sub-continent. No other region in the state is a conglomeration of so many paradoxes. It is a land of superlatives, everything over here is breathtakingly beautiful, impressive and fascinating.
- Pros:Histry, Palaces & Forts, People, Landscape etc
- Cons:Hot Months May & June
- In a nutshell:Open Air Musium
Sariska Tiger Reserve park is situated only 35 km from Alwar. Sariska Tiger Reserve park is well nestled in the Aravali... more travel advice
Constructed by Maharaja Vinay Singh in 1845 AD, Siliserh Lake spans over a wide expansion of 7 sq kms. This lake poses... more travel advice
- See All Hatti Bhata Khera Village
- See All Rajasthani Folk Dance and Music
- Driving throught Rajasthan
- See All Glory of the Desert
- See All Shopping
RAJASTHANBYCAR's Related Pages
State of Rajasthan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The country of kings."
- "Faces & Places of Rajasthan"
- "Land of the Rajputs"
- "A Journey across Rajasthan"
- "India's tourist state"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Rajasthan
- Hotels in State of Rajasthan
- Transportation in State of Rajasthan
- Nightlife in State of Rajasthan
- Restaurants in State of Rajasthan
- Shopping in State of Rajasthan
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Rajasthan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Rajasthan
- 284 Reviews
- 886 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to State of Rajasthan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Rajasthan
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sariska Tiger Reserve Park"
- Wrote a Review Sariska Tiger Reserve Park in State of Rajasthan Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Jodhpur Forum "Re: Accomodation in Jodhpur"
- updated a State of Rajasthan Travel Page "Glorious cultural of Rajasthan"
- Commented on one of kokoryko's State of Rajasthan travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 94 reviews, 310 photos
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 100 reviews, 288 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 34 reviews, 125 photos
- India Intro, 40 reviews, 104 photos
- Udaipur Intro, 26 reviews, 106 photos
- State of Madhya Pradesh Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos
- State of Haryana Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 40 reviews, 83 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (39)
Top State of Rajasthan hotels
- Jaipur Hotels
- 1034 Reviews - 3073 Photos
- Shimla Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 44 Photos
- Udaipur Hotels
- 460 Reviews - 1448 Photos
- Jodhpur Hotels
- 355 Reviews - 1018 Photos
- Jaisalmer Hotels
- 387 Reviews - 1375 Photos
- Ajmer Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 99 Photos
- Udaipur Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Bikaner Hotels
- 83 Reviews - 259 Photos
- Bharatpur Hotels
- 75 Reviews - 239 Photos
- Jaitaran Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Fatehpur Sikri Hotels
- 239 Reviews - 737 Photos
- Bundi Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 121 Photos
- Barmer Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Amer Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 273 Photos
- Ratangarh Hotels
- See nearby hotels