"Heart of Heritage" State of Madhya Pradesh by RAJASTHANBYCAR
State of Madhya Pradesh Travel Guide: 638 reviews and 2,036 photos
Madhya Pradesh is not called the "heart of India" only because of its location in the centre of the country. It has been home to the cultural heritage of Hindhuism, Buddhism, Jainism and Islam. Innumerable monuments, exquisitely carved temples, stupas, forts and palaces are dotted all over the State. The natural beauty of Madhya Pradesh is equally varied. Consisting largely of a plateau, the State has everything. Spectacular mountain ranges, meandering rivers and miles and miles of dense forests offering a unique and exciting panorama of wildlife in sylvan surroundings.
Moments of valour and glory etched in stone Love, Passion, Feasting, Divinity ....arrested in the sensitive chisels of master craftmen.
Meandering rivers lush forests hills and ravines .
The roar of the tiger.
It's the magic of a many-splendoured land Madhya Pradesh.
In the temple architecture of India, the Khajuraho complex remains unique. One thousand years ago, under the generous and artistic patronage of the Chandela Rajput kings of Central India, 85 temples, magnificent in form and richly carved, came up on one site, near the village of Khajuraho. The amazingly short span of 100 years, from 950 AD - 1050 AD, saw the completion of all the temples, in an inspired burst of creativity. Today, of the original 85, only 22 have survived the ravages of time; these remain as a collective paean to life, to joy and to creativity; to the ultimate fusion of man with his creator.
- Pros:Palaces, Temples,Cultral and Landscape
- Cons:Roads are very bad/Can say no Roads
This is Modern comfort hotel, the room is in good size with private bath room. hot & cold water. Good food in the... more travel advice
Alipura Palace is situated 95 K.M. from Jhansi on Khajuraho road heart of Bundelkhand.The palace is about 300 years... more travel advice
RAJASTHANBYCAR's Related Pages
State of Madhya Pradesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Heritage"
- "Bandhavgarh's animals"
- "The Heart of India"
- "Madhya Pradesh - where nature is still preserved!"
- "The Heart of India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Madhya Pradesh
- Hotels in State of Madhya Pradesh
- Transportation in State of Madhya Pradesh
- Nightlife in State of Madhya Pradesh
- Restaurants in State of Madhya Pradesh
- Shopping in State of Madhya Pradesh
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Madhya Pradesh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Madhya Pradesh
- 92 Reviews
- 276 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to State of Madhya Pradesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Madhya Pradesh
Photos in State of Madhya PradeshSee All Photos (276)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 94 reviews, 310 photos
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 100 reviews, 288 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 34 reviews, 125 photos
- India Intro, 40 reviews, 104 photos
- Udaipur Intro, 26 reviews, 106 photos
- State of Madhya Pradesh Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos
- State of Haryana Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 40 reviews, 83 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (39)
Top State of Madhya Pradesh hotels
- Khajuraho Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 801 Photos
- Indore Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Bhopal Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Gwalior Hotels
- 70 Reviews - 293 Photos
- Jabalpur Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Orchha Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 495 Photos
- Mandu Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Raipur Hotels
- 14 Hotels
- Sanchi Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Betul Bazar Hotels
- See nearby hotels