"Capital city of India Delle" Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi by RAJASTHANBYCAR
Delhi Travel Guide: 1,764 reviews and 4,412 photos
Delhi is the hart of India. A pulsating capital, the epicentre of power, a city steeped in histry.The country's finest museums, whether it is the National Museum, the craft Museum, the Rail Museum or the Museums of Natural Histry and Science, are all in Delhi.Butiques and shopping arcades overflow with goods.Every state of the country has its own emporium in Delhi where you get select handicrafts, textiles and jewellery of that particular region.There are resturants galore for the gourmet to pick and choose from, well laid out parks and gardens which burst into myriad colours every spring.
Old Delhi - The City of Shahjahanabad was the capital of Shah Jahan but little remains of that old city. The Old Delhi or the walled city served as the capital for many emperors. Today, remains of the historical city are the gates like - Kashmiri Gate, Ajmeri Gate, Turkman Gate, Delhi gate. Near Delhi Gate is Feroz Shah Kotla, close to this is kept the Ashokan Pillar which was brought from Meerut by Feroz Shah Tughlaq.
I think Delhi is the symbol of Old India and New.......even the stones here whisper to our ears of the ages of long ago and the air we breathe is full of the dust and fragrances of the past,as also of the fresh and piercing winds of the present.
Delhi is the capital city and the Mughal city of India. The landscape is stamped with architecture-Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Qutab Minar etc. which speaks of the powerful history in the past. Presently also the city depicts the seat of power to the world’s largest democracy. Delhi experiences a typical tropical climate. From mid-April through June it is summer season while monsoons set in from July and continue till August which makes the weather wet and windy. September to October brings in more plesant weather and begins festival time all over the country after which commences the winter season. Winters are extremely enjoyable with mercury dipping to as low as 5 degree celsius at times. From February to April you can enjoy a balmy spring in the New Delhi city. So any time is the best time to visit Delhi as it is full of activities and most sought after place since the time immemorial.
- Pros:Old Histrey City
- In a nutshell:Hart of India
Shanidham temple located 5 KM from Chattarpur Temple.The temple is famous for having the tallest statue of Lord Shani... more travel advice
- See All Close to Airport
- Geting Around Delhi
- See All CLIMATE OF DELHI
- See All Italian Food
RAJASTHANBYCAR's Related Pages
Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Delhi"
- "Capital city of India Delle"
- "Like the cats, this city had seven lives"
- "Shahjahanabad, as old as its history ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delhi
- Hotels in Delhi
- Transportation in Delhi
- Nightlife in Delhi
- Restaurants in Delhi
- Shopping in Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delhi
- 94 Reviews
- 305 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delhi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delhi Intro, 94 reviews, 310 photos
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 100 reviews, 288 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agra Intro, 54 reviews, 143 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 34 reviews, 125 photos
- India Intro, 40 reviews, 104 photos
- Udaipur Intro, 26 reviews, 106 photos
- State of Madhya Pradesh Intro, 33 reviews, 98 photos
- State of Haryana Intro, 31 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 37 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 40 reviews, 83 photos